Installation at other than FSX harddisk

Bram Stikkel

My apologies if this topic had yet been addressed allready. I have searched the forum, I have read the latest Manual-pdf.

Could not find an answer.

My question is simple: Is there a possibility to install FTX products - at least the regions and airports - at a separate harddisk.

If there is a standard way in the standard installation procedure, please explain.

If there is no standard option in the standard installer (as far as I have seen), could there be created on in the future installers?

If there is a non standard but not to complicated way to change the default installation location of the FTX products, I would appreciate to hear it too.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

No you can't do that.

The nearest thing you can do is to install them into FSX/P3D

and then cut and paste them to another drive.

Using a symbolic link or junction, a link to them can be placed back into

FSX/P3D at the location that is required.

There are numerous topics on this method of which these are two.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75478-how-to-install-orbx-sceneries-on-other-drive-then-cfsx/?hl=%2Bsymbolic+%2Blink+%2Bor+%2Bjunction#entry691284

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/34864-symbolic-link-to-orbx-folder/?hl=%2Bsymbolic+%2Blink+%2Bor+%2Bjunction

I am not sure if this is included in Nick´s links already: My choice is the freeware dirlinker.exe , which allows you to keep the ORBX link while having the data at some other place. I am sure you can find explanations here on the forum searching for the name of the program.

Gerold and Nick, thank you for both your replies.

Sorry I write again so late, but one way or another the notificationemails do not go to my mailbox.

Thanks again, Ik had seen the solution of the symbolic link.

However, I was hoping there had come a different solution in the meantime.

Greetings,

Bram Stikkel

Archived