Ground texture problems after Iceland update

After installing latest Iceland patch 110  I experienced massive ground texture problems on both simulator systems, FSX and P3D2.2
- Latest Orbx library installed (build 1042, May 2014), FTXCentral set to "FTXGlobal"

After re-installation of version 100  it's ok again (,but of course now I'm missing a lot of additional objects)
- FTX Global installed, I'm running the "ON" version.

Please see attached screenshots (P3D2 system). This is an example for BIIS. But it was similar on other airfields, too.

- Anyone else with same problems? Is there any help available?

BIIS v100

mICh2.jpg

BIIS v110

2o6tA.jpg

I second that. We experienced that problem at a multiplayer session, both "ON" and "OFF" users and both FSX and P3D sims. This did not show to the folks running V1.0 of the Iceland Demo. I had my FTX Central set to "Global", non "Hybrid" mode.

The "dirty" overlay is mostly solid surface a couple of feet above the actual runway, but occasional "potholes" occur.

I checked all my library settings again, cannot find any wrong priority settings.

It seems to be an elevation problem. As written above I don't have Vector so I cannot use the configuration tool.

- Is Iceland patch 110 only meant for users with Vector?

I kindly ask any of the experienced staff members for assistance.

Did you disable airport elevation in Vector configuration tool?

I had a similar problem after Iceland update and this trick sorted it out

I have VECTOR and the Tool don't really help. When I start FSX at BIIS, it is okay, but when I fly to BIIS the Problem still exists. Same Problem at BIHK nearby.

When I start FSX at BIHK, all is okay, when I fly or set the plane to BIHK there is 1 Foot Mud on the Runway.

Iceland Demo Patch 1.10 is broken.

Achim

@Friedi
thank you for taking care of this problem.
Your screenshot BIIS V100 looks very close to mine, that's ok.

I still have problems with BIIS V110.  When setting my plane directly to the BIIS airport, it looks like on your screen.

Problems start on approach:

BIIS 2500 ft - still ok on approach at about 2500ft

xbuJl.jpg

BIIS 1000 ft - on descend the old problem appears again

ap5JX.jpg

Another example is

BIGJ - no runway?

Qda6O.jpg

Is this how it should look like? (Concrete areas are looking very strange.)

At this time I'm in contact with 6 other users experiencing same problems with the Iceland demo (v110 only)  -  (no Vector software!)

We have all Orbx large areas software running without any problems
I cannot image that our problem is because of a wrong LC priority in the library.

I switched FTXCentral several times between the areas, tried and tried again, but any success at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Heinz, I tried your recommendation, but no success for me.

As I said above the problem only appears on an approach from higher altitude and not when placing directly on the airfiled.

Btw, the "Iceland Demo User Guide" recommends to set Texture Resolution to a value of 7cm.

I am sorry, that it don't work for you. It works for me, but perhaps the approach altitude in my tests was not high enough.

I am wondering, that nobody from ORBX continue to resolve this problem. A problem exists, otherways not so many users would write about this.

We can hope, that with the release of Open LC Europe the problem will disappear.

Heinz 

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Iceland OFF edition yesterday, also did the update then started a clockwise turn from Kef, hitting every airport.  Currently stopped at BIGJ, having noted the same 'landslide' terrain issue with several airports.  As said before, start FSX at an airport, all looks and works great, fly to that airport and it is covered by about a foot of something.  I looked at the library order and mine currently starts with orbxlibs, all the free airports (2s1, cbb7, cej4, etc.) then global airports, then ftx crm, nrm and pnw files, and lastly orbxiopenlc_europe8 and 9. 

Is that the right order or should the europe 8 and 9 be higher?

Dave

I checked as many settings as I figured might apply, flew to BIAR - runway looked and performed fine for me, the the AI aircraft did not fare so well.  The Maule is parked deep, and the DH is taxiing in below the ground.  

2014-7-19_10-3-15-227Small_zps81947f8b.p

Archived