VECTOR 1.20 - First Preview Shots of Canada

Hey guys!

Here are the first shots for Canada. You can see how much of a difference VECTOR 1.20 will make in these areas :)More info can be found on the announcement thread (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74992-vector-v120-change-log-in-development/). Stay tuned for more screenshots from the US and Canada!

Lake Winnipeg (and surroundings)

qgaWd.jpg

Vgc4p.jpg

BsUlZ.jpg

U7b3X.jpg

Saskatoon

UmVwc.jpg

U7b3X.jpg

Some interesting facts: with over 3 million lakes 9% of Canadian territory is actually fresh water and over 60% of all the lakes in the world are found within its borders. Can you tell? :D

Could you give me a rundown and previews of how Vector changes South America?  It seems to be the orphan child of landclass and road systems.  I would appreciate seeing improvements in this vast area of our world.

Thanks.

Could you give me a rundown and previews of how Vector changes South America?  It seems to be the orphan child of landclass and road systems.  I would appreciate seeing improvements in this vast area of our world.

Thanks.

You mean in a future update of VECTOR or VECTOR in general?

Bernd

Both actually,  I have talked to the UTX guys and they say they are not going to do a South America UTX because of the unreliable road data.  However, it seems to me looking at Google maps and others that the road data there is fairly accurate.  Has VECTORs tackled this and if not will they in the future? 

One other thing (although this is probably not the forum for these subjects, please move it if you desire).

One of the most obvious objects in VFR flying, especially in the US are water towers, every town has one if not more (usually more).  Yet I do not see these come up in GEX/UTX do they come up in VECTOR's?  I have spent many shekels keeping up with GEX/UTX, if there are yeses to these two  questions I am switching for sure!  (As soon as I can find some more of those shekels.

Well it's a much needed improvement because when you use a VFR 1:500.000 and you try to follow the map, the fact that there was no lake or almost none was making things difficult. In Quebec too there are a huge number of soft water lakes. It's a big contract for you and your team, no doubt about it. A bit faster to complete Luxembourg than Canada... ;D

Both actually, I have talked to the UTX guys and they say they are not going to do a South America UTX because of the unreliable road data. However, it seems to me looking at Google maps and others that the road data there is fairly accurate. Has VECTORs tackled this and if not will they in the future?

One other thing (although this is probably not the forum for these subjects, please move it if you desire).

One of the most obvious objects in VFR flying, especially in the US are water towers, every town has one if not more (usually more). Yet I do not see these come up in GEX/UTX do they come up in VECTOR's? I have spent many shekels keeping up with GEX/UTX, if there are yeses to these two questions I am switching for sure! (As soon as I can find some more of those shekels.

I have a list of things to include in future updates (however, I'll only release features of version 1.3 once 1.2 is released, because I wanna stay focused on what I do now) and areas in South America are on that list (as well as areas in Africa, Asia, Europe and Oceania.

Water towers, are a very good idea and I have them high up on the list (probably for 1.3). Not only for the US but worldwide with generic FSX water tower objects. Thanks for this suggestion!

Guys, I know there are still some promised screenshots missing and I also have them on a list (see, there's even a screenshot todo-list), but it might take a few days / weeks because I want to focus on my work for version 1.2 (so I mostly take screenshots when compilers are at work).

Bernd

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have a list of things to include in future updates (however, I'll only release features of version 1.3 once 1.2 is released, because I wanna stay focused on what I do now) and areas in South America are on that list (as well as areas in Africa, Asia, Europe and Oceania.

Water towers, are a very good idea and I have them high up on the list (probably for 1.3). Not only for the US but worldwide with generic FSX water tower objects. Thanks for this suggestion!

Guys, I know there are still some promised screenshots missing and I also have them on a list (see, there's even a screenshot todo-list), but it might take a few days / weeks because I want to focus on my work for version 1.2 (so I mostly take screenshots when compilers are at work).

Bernd

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Bernd,

Vector 1.20 is looking good  :smile:

Are there an official list of future updates for Vector?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate probable resulting quality of Vector for lets say USA/Canada and Papua New Guinea, given the available data for these countries? 

Bernd,

Vector 1.20 is looking good  :smile:

Are there an official list of future updates for Vector?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate probable resulting quality of Vector for lets say USA/Canada and Papua New Guinea, given the available data for these countries? 

I don't know if I understand this question - USA / Canada has very good VECTOR data available, however I can't scale it, because it's always possible to have more accurate and better data. I don't know of any (high resolution) GIS dataset available for PNG so I can't really comment on that.

There's currently no official list for future updates; however, I currently plan to include global water towers as generic FSX objects as well as improving other countries (but I'll have to check available data until I can decide which ones these will be - since North America was the focus for version 1.20 it will be another continent that will get updates).

Bernd

I don't know if I understand this question - USA / Canada has very good VECTOR data available, however I can't scale it, because it's always possible to have more accurate and better data. I don't know of any (high resolution) GIS dataset available for PNG so I can't really comment on that.

There's currently no official list for future updates; however, I currently plan to include global water towers as generic FSX objects as well as improving other countries (but I'll have to check available data until I can decide which ones these will be - since North America was the focus for version 1.20 it will be another continent that will get updates).

Bernd

I was just wondering what difference in 'quality' to expect between e.g. USA/Canada and PNG, given the available data for each country?

Lets say USA/Canada has a value of 10, would PNG have a value of 5 or less?

Archived