Flying through...

G'day all,

Been a bloody long time since I've had any time to drop in here and do more than quickly browse the topics.  Just wanted to say "Hi" to my friends in ORBX land quickly while I have a chance.  Those who've known me for a while may remember that I got made redundant by my employer late last year and I got in a bit of a rut for a while.  Happily back on the horse now, so to speak, but my new job has me travelling a fair bit around West Oz and I have pretty much no time for simming between that and my involvement with the Gliding Club.  Speaking of which, still having a blast with my soaring, had a spectacular first Cross Country season and managed to notch up nearly 2,000km over summer including a flight of 575km.  Next season I've set myself a goal of topping the national sub-200 hour rankings.  Hope you're all well, seeya soon!

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks guys   ^_^

Good on you Derek, I was wondering where you had got to. Happy soaring (how about some pics?) :)

Sure thing Graeme!

Cunderdin Aerodrome from 2,000' AGL, taking a friend up for a quick soaring flight.

7F0EW.jpg

Cunderdin as viewed from near the top of a thermal at 9,000'  I went up to 11,500' on this flight and flew 320km.

yhuYQ.jpg

Cheers,

Derek

Great to know that everything is back on track at Your side again Derek!

And the photos You have just posted here are simply fantastic!

Grand views and landscapes!

Thank You very much really for sharing!

Archived