KORS black hangars & buildings

Valencia

Tried most things suggested here. Patched latest PNW, latest version of orbxlibs (installed last), etc. FSX SP2. No DX 10.

No joy. The buildings & hangars within the airport are black rectangles on the ground. Just the runway surrounded by black squares where the buildings and hangars are supposed to be located. The squares are 2d, that is, they do not rise from tha ground.

My other payware airports 1S2, 7S3, KCMW all work fine. PNW looks fine as well. :-(

FSS0282185

Could you provide a screenshot of the airports scenery folder? It resides in Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KORS.

I'll also ping Heiko about your issue as he is the developer of KORS and may have better insight

Will do it tomorrow. (Almost midnight here...)

Parked at the airport and played with the scenery library. Every time the game was back, just for an instant, buildings appeared. These, however, seemed greyish box like structures that were  too high compared to what is supposed ti be there.

Just to be sure please check that your scenery slidder in FSX shows at least "normal" to show the scenery.

Your description : "Every time the game was back, just for an instant, buildings appeared. These, however, seemed greyish box like structures that were  too high compared to what is supposed ti be there."  What could this be? Graphic card issue? Driver issue? Memory issue? Why would a scenery show so short in grey and then vanish? I've never experienced this. 

The files you have listed look like mine. Strange is that there isn't a single object in the scenery. I don't know what to say more, sorry.

post-1856-0-47353700-1400865531_thumb.jp

If nobody has anything to add, I'm pretty much ready to give up on Orcas and revert to the default PNW airport.

I love ORBX scenery and have Global, Vector, England (w 4 payware airports) and PNW (also w 4 pwa). I will continue buying ORBX products as they are fantastic.

That siad, Orcas was a disapointment. I'm not going to ask for a refund, however, some kind of discount voucher for my next adquisition would not, IMHO, be amiss....

Thanks for all whom tried to help me! :)

Hi there! Just a VERY long shot here - I see that you have a not recommended FSX installation - it is within  the /Program Files (x86)/ . This is known to cause all sorts of weird problems. Orcas is nothing new in the repertoir and thus far no problems were reported.

The black "hangars" you're seeing are ground shadows added to the photo real underlay. So no really hangars as library objects. What you're missing ARE the library objects. You didn't move any files in the scenery configuration around manually, I hope. If the sequence of the files is out of order, some objects may not display at all. But by running the installers without any interference this is eliminated... Perhaps a screen shot of your lib config may help?

Start FSX ?> go to SETTINGS > Scenery Library. You should have - as the first ORBX item - listed and ticked - FTXAA_AIRPORTS, one slot lower FTXAA_ORBXLIBS, then below FTX_AA_KORS and further down the PNW files starting with FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY and so forth.

You do have the PNW region pack installed? From you sig it is not obvious which packages you've got actually installed.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I am having the exact same issue but on P3D v2.2. I just purchased Orcas a couple hours ago and all the hangars do exactly as you have described. Every once in a while the detail will flicker back to normal and then revert back to black rectangles.  I also just purchased Darrington 1S2 and it looks just fine as do all my other ORBX sceneries and regions.

Yes, it's really strange. Yesterday I puchased Diamond Point, Concrete Muni and Jefferson County.

All well.

Twin Oaks, Cushman, Darrington and the freeware airports are also OK.

I think a refund or some sort of discount voucher would be in order here.

• 2 weeks later...

Squamish installed and works just fine as well. I refuse to believe, based on the evidence, that the fault lies on my side.

Just ignoring my complaint is bad customer service.

I was planning on getting NCA and Monterey, but now I think I'll let it pass....

• 4 months later...

Archived