Unknown decompression error? can't install

aujeffk

I downloaded Bozeman last night from FSS.  I tried installing it twice.  Got this message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\\Effects\fs_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx

a decompression error has occured (#2026)

I read on the forum that another person said to delete and download/ re-install again.  I did that and got the same error.

I looked up what YBUD is...it's an Australian airport that I don't have????!!!!  (don't know if that's a file used in many airports)?

Any help is appreciated.  I've spent a few hours on this and have never had this issue before.

Thanks!

can you skip this error and continue to install?  If so try that and you probably won't see anything missing.

If you re-download make sure the old download files are completely erased and it can help to try another download source as your ISP will probably have cached the file, so downloading can give you the same error

can you skip this error and continue to install?  If so try that and you probably won't see anything missing.

If you re-download make sure the old download files are completely erased and it can help to try another download source as your ISP will probably have cached the file, so downloading can give you the same error

No, it only allows me to Abort or Retry...retry doesn't work, so I have to abort.  Thanks for the prompt reply.  

I tried a different download source the second time. 

I'm trying "ignore" when it comes up...we'll see what happens...

Also are you downloading using a download manager, or just using the browser?

The browser downloaders are great for small files, but notoriously troublesome with larger files such as FTX sceneries. One slight interruption, or misidentified "virus" and the whole download is ruined.

Download managers help when downloading large files in a number of ways... Not only making things faster, but also providing protection against interruptions.

Archived