Vector 1.1 - Road traffic only runs in one direction?

I think I've spotted a bug with the roadtraffic. It seems to only run in one direction on any road. That works fine on highways that are made up of two roads running parallell to each other. In that case there is traffic in both directions. But it seems to be the same on rural roads that are only one road, the traffic only runs in one direction. I've also seen places where there are two lanes of traffic going in the same direction on a single road. This sometimes looks like the traffic are going on the wrong side of the road - I use 10 - 15% road traffic.
This is perhaps a minor issue but once you notice it, it is a bit annoying. Especially as I fly GA low and slow every time in the sim. I use P3D 2.1 and fly mostly in Sweden where I noticed this bug (if it is a bug).

I get the same result and have read that this is normal behavior...   I believe the explanation was that usually 2 lane roads are represented by a "single" vector line in the database and the traffic just starts at the initial "from" vertex and goes toward the ending "to" vertex.   Most major freeways are actually represented by two or more vectors which allows 2 way traffic.  It does look weird though...   :blink:

More about the "issue"...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71067-r00033-incorrect-traffic-flow-on-single-lane-roads/

Ah, thank you. I searched but I didn't find the topic you mentioned above. So it is as i suspected, not a bug but a "feature"... I have worked with Sbuilder for many years and I know that bidirectional traffic for some reason isn't implemented in FSX (and also P3D probably), instead you have to draw to lines a little bit a part and use the correct "to" and "from" depending on where the starting point of the line is. I thought perhaps that the developer hadn't noticed this and it was a mistake (stupid of me off course). It is a little immersion killer though, and since it is implemented in UTX, it is possible to do it on a larger scale.

I see this topic has now been flagged as 'answered' so I guess that this little problem is never going to be corrected or reworked. But if I can make a wish for future patches it would be nice if atleast there wasn't two lanes of traffic going in the same direction on roads that normally has bidirectional traffic. Perhaps this can be considered?

"Answered" does not mean "Resolved", that's a different tag. Also the other topic is marked as "noted" and as the problem lies in the limited capabilities of FSX itself, chance that there will be an improvement will only come with something like FTX's full regions.

I saw road traffic in BOTH directions VFR south east of ESSA yesterday

Michael

Road traffic in ORBX Regions behaves correctly with two way traffic, however in areas not covered by ORBX Regions on rural roadways the traffic is only one direction.  I do not believe Pilots intends to correct this anomaly at this time.

I saw road traffic in BOTH directions VFR south east of ESSA yesterday

Michael

Yes I have seen it too on highways and on some roads where two roads are drawn very close together and on top of each other so they almost look like one road. But on small rural roads that are made up of a single road, the traffic moves in the same direction in both lanes.

Archived