Problem installing & running the FTX PNW V2 DEMO

Hello,

I'm having a problem installing & running the FTX PNW V2 DEMO.

Whilst installing it the other day, there were a number of errors reported (both during and after the installation) by the 'OrbxFTXPNWDemoV2.exe' installer.

However, using my (Windows 8 Pro) Snipping Tool, I was able to capture a screenshot of each window that popped up showing error messages.

Here are the five screenshots: (Alex, I uploaded these files via that special link you sent me, thanks!)

For your reference, here's what I have installed on my Lenovo system (hardware & software):

Lenovo Ideapad Y550 4186-42U | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GT130M | 4.0 GB RAM | 23" Dell SP2309W 23" LCD | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | Seitek X52 Pro Flight Control System | FSX Gold | REX4TD | EZdok | FSC | FSUIPC | Carenado C172N Skyhawk II | FTX NA BLUE Pacific Northwest Demo V2

If you require additional information from me, feel free to email me directly, or, call me at home...where i now can be found (since 1/1/14 which is when i "retired" after working 40+ years working as a software engineer/programmer/tester for a major hardware/software company) engaged in sports, and playing with my toys, such as FSX, etc ... 

Any help in getting this issue resolve will be greatly appreciate..  

Respectfully,

Joseph Todaro

Hi Joseph,

welcome to Orbx!

Please double-check that you have either FSX Service Pack 2 or Acceleration installed. Those missing texture sheets usually indicate that a user only has the original release version or SP1 installed. Our add-ons all require FSX SP2 or Acceleration (which includes SP2).

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I appreciate it.

I have the FSX Gold Edition, which is supposed  to include Service Pack 2  (as far as I know, but I could be wrong);  

My FSX Gold Edition also came with an optional 3rd DVD called Acceleration Expansion Pack, which i have not  yet installed (as i had no immediate plans for flying fast-moving jets);    

Should I install the Acceleration disc ?  (um, is it possible the SP 2 code could be buried somewhere in that DVD ? .. hmm) 

Regards, Joe

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I appreciate it.

I have the FSX Gold Edition, which is supposed  to include Service Pack 2  (as far as I know, but I could be wrong);  

My FSX Gold Edition also came with an optional 3rd DVD called Acceleration Expansion Pack, which i have not  yet installed (as i had no immediate plans for flying fast-moving jets);    

Should I install the Acceleration disc ?  (um, is it possible the SP 2 code could be buried somewhere in that DVD ? .. hmm) 

Regards, Joe

Short answer, Yes! :)

The FSX Gold pack basically includes the original FSX Deluxe Edition disks (the first 2) and also includes FSX Acceleration (the third disk)... If you install just the first two disks, you will have installed a basic, version 1 FSX onto your system and it will not include SP2.

FSX Acceleration is not just a "high speed jet addon"... The name may be causing the confusion here... FSX Acceleration does not mean you can fly faster ;)

FSX Acceleration does include some faster aircraft for sure, but it also installs SP2 along with a whole lot of other changes to the base FSX that you have already installed... FSX Acceleration is basically a fancy name that Microsoft used for the FSX Patch disk ;)

Go ahead and install FSX Acceleration... It helps in a lot of ways and your FSX will run better too... Plus you'll then be able to install the PNW demo :)

Thank you, Holger and Rob.

Problem solved! ... the FTX PNW V2 DEMO has successfully installed!

I figured (while waiting for Holger's response) that I'd just go ahead and install that disc # 3 (Acceleration Expansion Pack), before attempting to re-install the demo, AND IT WORKED!

Well, thanks again guys! . especially for sharing your expertise and insights as to how some of these products actually come together.  As i am newbie at all this, i appreciate all the help outstanding and support you have provided to me today.  Kudos!.  

I look forward to trying out the demo!  

Regards, Joe

• 2 months later...

Well, I've installed the demo in PNW, now I bought the full product. Do I need to uninstall the demo in Prepar 3D v.2.2 ? If so where is the tool, as the one available on Orbx is only for FSX.

Thanks

JA

Archived