England Issue #1: Penzance

Stillwater

Hi there, I have found some issues to clarify / help or improve in England scenery. Firstly ...

Penzance city shows a double roundabout, and a strange, textureless street leading into the water. Seems to be a vector problem there:

eq17.jpg

Anything I could have configured incorrectly?

"Only" FTX EU Eng, no Global, no G-Vector

So the UK is going to get the "Stillwater" treatment eh? good stuff. Teecee.

Well it gets my usual flight pattern, TeeCee. But so far I am not enthusiasted... that´s the reason why this post has a "1" in its title.

I found a tip from Holger Sandmann in an other thread, that i have copied and you can see below.

""Hi Chas,

actually, I don't see NCA in those screenshots, witness the odd urban textures around the airport fringes and the default shoreline texture. Thus, I'd suggest to first run FTX Central and selecting North America and pressing Apply, and then to check your scenery library menu that the four NCA entries are present (FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY etc.) and that you don't have any other third-party landclass/landscape add-ons at higher display priority than the FTX block, for example UTX or SceneryTech. Similarily, the FTX Global Vector and openLC entries should be situated below the FTX block meaning at lower display priority.

Cheers, Holger""

Maybe you can give it a try as analogue with the openLC.

I tried it and this was the solution.

Greetings

Dieter

Hello Stillwater,

below You can see how it looks here.

I found a tip from Holger Sandmann in an other thread, that i have copied and you can see below.

""Hi Chas,

actually, I don't see NCA in those screenshots, witness the odd urban textures around the airport fringes and the default shoreline texture. Thus, I'd suggest to first run FTX Central and selecting North America and pressing Apply, and then to check your scenery library menu that the four NCA entries are present (FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY etc.) and that you don't have any other third-party landclass/landscape add-ons at higher display priority than the FTX block, for example UTX or SceneryTech. Similarily, the FTX Global Vector and openLC entries should be situated below the FTX block meaning at lower display priority.

Cheers, Holger""

Greetings

Dieter

Hi Gerold,  this is what I see at Penzance. The only different with standard FTX England is that I have installed Penzance Heliport EGHK.

Peter

That is brilliant thoughts & help from you. I will try (now more optimistic) to put the FTX_EU topmost & revert.

""Hi Chas,

Cheers, Holger""

Greetings

Dieter

Hi Dieter, I did see ENG scenery plus many of the details, but I also checked the issues Holger mentioned: All 4 ENG entries are present, and I do not have any other landclass/landscape/vector packs. I have also deactivated all other libs (like RTMM). No improvement, unfortunately...

bBzLg.jpg

Hi Gerold,  this is what I see at Penzance. The only different with standard FTX England is that I have installed Penzance Heliport EGHK.

Peter

lobv0.jpg

At least you also have the "double" roundabout, slightly to the left of the centre line in the bottom part of your picture. But I wonder where my jetty comes from, near the heliport. Perhaps it is exactly this, what is deleted by your add-on?

Any further feedback (or any test by ENG users here!) is appreciated. But, to be honest, some little vector mistakes in an area I do not know from real life are not a show stopper to me. It could be just another detail on the list of possible patches - any idea from the ORBX staff?

Hi Gerold,

as indicated by the other ENG user's screenshots the odd runway/taxiway are not part of FTX ENG so you need to hunt for any third-party add-on in your scenery library that places scenery files at that location.

The double roundabout just happens to be a coincidental spatial overlap between one that's part of the underlying landclass ground texture and the real-world roundabout depicted by vector data.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Gerold,

as indicated by the other ENG user's screenshots the odd runway/taxiway are not part of FTX ENG so you need to hunt for any third-party add-on in your scenery library that places scenery files at that location.

The double roundabout just happens to be a coincidental spatial overlap between one that's part of the underlying landclass ground texture and the real-world roundabout depicted by vector data.

Cheers, Holger 

Uh, that will be a difficult hunt. I disabled (almost?) everything in the scenery library.

But, and I think this is positive: There is no need to patch the scenery, just to patch my setup....

Archived