Refund for Northern CA

jfriz

Hello,

I bought Northern CA. today. The download, and install went okay, no problems.

However, I could not see much of a change for the KSMF.[ Sac. airport]   I  fly a lot into this airport, and Redding[ KRDD]

Redding only had a few single-engine airplanes, and a few cars in the parking lot.

Not what FTX is normally about,,,, very disappointed.  Yes, I had FTX Central on.

Jerry

Fss0271048  order number

Here's what I'm seeing at the two locations:

KRDD in FTX Global

post-82-0-52708700-1393054468_thumb.jpg

KRDD in FTX Northern California

post-82-0-73558700-1393054470_thumb.jpg

KSMF in FTX Global

post-82-0-64904300-1393054472_thumb.jpg

KSMF in FTX Northern California

post-82-0-35205900-1393054474_thumb.jpg

I'm not able to show the textures for default FSX as I have Global installed, but I imagine the difference would be even greater for Norhtern California over the default FSX scenery.

Although most airports are given an enhanced look in FTX regions they are not given the same treatment as the individual airport sceneries that ORBX releases.  

It is worth bearing in mind that NorCal is a region, rather than a specific airport upgrade.

The airport updates are a nice bonus, but the 'pudding' is the region itself.

As suggested above, the upcoming Redding and surrounds looks stunning

It might be worth a screenshot to make sure that you are seeing what you are supposed to in Norcal.

Thanks John,

I got it now a little better after some of the hints posted above were added.  Just did a short flight over to Benton Field, that looks very good.

I'll be buying the Redding airport when it releases for sure.  And looking forward to the Sac. airport.

Jerry

Hi tfreitas,

While Global and NCA can be "installed" at the same time they cannot be "active" at the same time, that is what FTX Central is for, to switch the textures, mesh, airports, etc between them.  If you want to see the difference, set FTX Central to Global and have a look then close out FSX, set FTX Central to your "region" , restart and then look again.  There will be a world of difference.

Cheers, Neil

Archived