Difference between FTX Global and the Terrain Regions ? - Some Questions

winstonwolf

Hello , 

Im totally new in the FTX / ORBX World . And therefore i have some Questions becaus im planig to buy some products  : 

When i buy me the FTX Global Base , do i need the FTX Terrain Regions ( for Example "Southern Alaska ) or are this Regions integrated in FTX Global ? 

When not , what ist the difference between this both ? 

At the Moment i use FS Global Ultimate X Europe and the Americanas and UTX Europe . Can i combine this Programms ? 

I plan to pimp up my Alaska Scenery in FSX . What products from FTX i need for this ? 

Is FTX Vector the same as my installed UTX Europe ? 

Sorry for this Questions ;-) 

Thanks 

Michael 

Hi Michael, and welcome

FTXglobal is a global ground texture replacement for default FSX only

FTXregions contain everything you need in one package for a smaller area.... terrain mesh, custom landclass, waterclass, custom ground textures, custom autogen, enhanced airports, roads, rivers, bridges, points of interest, photoreal inset areas etc etc

To pimp up your Alaska... get the FTX Southern Alaska region pack (SAK) http://www.fullterrain.com/product_nasak.html and for the rest of Alaska get FTXglobal+Vector+FTXmesh, then add the custom Orbx airports: PAJN, PAKT, PAEN etc

Sorted ;D

Thanks for the fast answer , 

You say that the SAK Pack includes Terrain Mesh for the Alaska Region. Can there be an Problem with my FS Global Ultimate Mesh on Ground of my Scenery Libary that brings also a Mesh for this Region ? 

Im right when i think , FS Global Ultimate is at the bottom of my Libary , then above comes FTX Global , above comes my UTX Europe , above the SAK Pack, above the PAJN Airport ? 

And another Question , what is OPENLC , i read that the Europe Version should comm out now in Februar ? 

Thanks 

And another Question , what is OPENLC , i read that the Europe Version should comm out now in Februar ? 

FTX Global openLC is a new Land Class layer for FSX.  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

Land Class tells FSX where to draw the different textures.

FTX Global openLC Europe will be the first of 7 land class areas released by Orbx.  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61436-ftx-global-openlc-worldwide-areas-rollout-plan-details/?hl=openlc

The big picture is that the FTX Global products basically replace different FSX scenery layers for the entire globe.

FTX Global Base Pack = the texture layer

FTX Global Vector = the vector layer

FTX Global openLC = the land class layer  (released in 7 parts)

The "FTX terrain regions" are stand alone regions and do NOT require any of the Global products.  They improve all the scenery layers (texture, vector, land class, & mesh) within their coverage area.  They also have additional hand crafted details (like specific landmarks/buildings/castles) that make them even more accurate than the combination of all the Global products.  They also blend seamlessly with the Global products.

Orbx payware airports are designed to go on top of "FTX terrain regions".  They are not optimized to go on top of just Global.

Hope that's not too much  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have global AND PNW, but from looking at the control panel, it looks like I have to 'activate' either north america, OR Global. Does that sound right, that you can only have one of those at a time?

Dancemad,

- If you intend to fly primarily in PNW , I would pick PNW.  This gives you the full details built into the region.

- If you intend to fly outside PNW, pick Global.

- If you intend to fly both in and out of PNW, pick Global and check the hybrid mode box.  This gives you the best of Global and most of the detail of the region too.

Honestly, depending on where you are flying, you might not even be able to tell the difference between Global and PNW.

I selected PNW, but later made a flight in the Solomon Islands.  It looked pretty good, but there were a couple odd textures on some hills.  I went back and selected Global and the hills looked even better.  Conversely, if you select Global plus Hybrid mode and fly within PNW, it looks great and you may not even notice any difference from PNW mode unless you start comparing screen shots.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived