Wrong ATC runway numbers at 11S

Tobias

Just purchased Sekiu and installed it.  Selected active runway, which was Runway 26.  The other options included Runway 08 and two parking locations.  This agrees with  the Airport/Facilities Directory for 25 Sep 2008,

Jim Kaye

This is a really neat airport!  Loved watching the deer near the runway on takeoff.  However, after landing, went to select a runway for takeoff and had the same choices as above, namely runways 36 or 18.

Jim Kaye

Selecting the runways and parking spaces from the Select Airport option in FSX is correct.  When using the radio to select runways the wrong runway choices 18 and 36 appear.  The scenery display is OK.  Very minor.  Almost hit a deer taxiing back to parking!  These FTX airports just keep getting better and more detailed.

Jim Kaye

I don't believe that this is the explanation.  I am on a flight (currently paused) from Bowerman to Sekiu.  As I passed KUIT, I used the FS Nearest Airport menu to contact Sekiu.  The only options I have for landing are 18 and 36.  I am quite sure that I made the menu choice to contact Sekiu.  I also took off from Sekiu earlier today and only had the 18/36 option available.

Edit:  Additional evidence -- When I went back to the flight, I started to hear AI traffic for Sekiu.  All were announcing landing on RW36.

Aside from this issue, I am loving this airport as I do Veronia.  I really like your work Misha.

I had just done a flight at 11S to take a couple screen shots of the airport in PNW, before buying installing the new one this evening, when I saw this thread.

Note that I have NOT installed 11S yet and just have PNW.  I also have NA GA Traffic 1.10 from the Orbx freeware page.

The runway options on my comm menu were 08/26 for landing. (didn't make a take-off call)

I just restarted FSX, selected 11S (not a specific runway).  I spawned on rwy 26.  I opened the comm menu, and my runway choices for take-off are 08 & 26.

Sekiu has NEVER had a rwy 36/18 (just look at the terrain)  I can't check default FSX to see if it is wrong in the default FSX ATC menu.

CTAF is 122.9 at 11S, KUIL, S18, W45, hence the comms in Tobias' screen shot.  Note that none of those fields have a rwy 36/18 either.

My comms actually say "Sekiu" and "Olympic Field", NOT "11S" and "WA45".  I believe that is from NA GA Traffic modifying the ATC database.

Hi guys, thanks for picking this up, it was my fault, there was a bit of an error that I made when creating the APX file, the one attached should fix the problem. Just make sure you have your mesh set to 5m.

Drop the file into the FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_11S/Scenery folder and replace the original.

I'll include this fix in the update too.

Thanks again guys, Cheers

ORBX_11S_APX.zip

Thanks Misha for the quick fix to this neat little airstrip.  Replaced the file and now the runways are correct.  By the way, you did a great job animating those deer!  One of them seems to like to run right across the runway, and apparently has no fear at all of my Cessna 172.

Jim Kaye

Thanks for dealing with this promptly Misha. I was scratching the old grey hairs for a while trying to work this out.

I was going to put it down to solar flares :) :) but there were none today :)

Said it elsewhere but will say it again. This is a spectacular and very atmospheric airfield.

Thanks,

Roger

Archived