Global Vector versus FTX Terrain

alank

Simple question - I welcome all opinions ....

Should Global Vector over-ride the straight shorelines I am seeing on virtually (but not all) every lake in Tasmania in FTX Australia SP4.003  ?

This occurs with all options of FTX Central whether Oceania or Global.

This is not a request to have it fixed - just a quest for knowledge as to what might be causing this ...

Cheers

Gentlemen - I thank you both for your input - what you say seems to make sense.

Below is my view of Lake Burbury approx. 7 kms East of Queenstown - FTX Central set to Oceania.

KEwcn.jpg

alank

Hmm, doesn't look much like AU, looks like default. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your install? I think Im gonna have a flight to check how it looks on my end, can't remember ever have seen anything like this in AU..

Edit: I just took a flight over Lake Burbury and it looks nothing like in your shoot. I think there is something wrong with your install.. Im seeing nice shorelines on the lake ::), though there are some straight shorelines, but not even close to how bad it looks in your shoot.

Well - it does look like Lake Burbury is a bit... blocky

J6qSv.jpg

Yes it is a little blocky and far from perfect :P but sure is not a common problem with all lakes in AU, I think this one is an exception from the norm. But if you take a closer look you'll see that the little island(closest to your plane) in the lake is missing in the OP's shoot, and the shoreline close to that island is alot better than in the OP's shoot. So I still think there's something wrong with he's picture meaning the shorelines looks better in your shoot.

Clearly this lake could have needed a little polishing in a service pack or something, and I hope Orbx would consider fixing it.

Have you installed the free Tasmania Demo? Not sure if Tas is included in AUS SP4.

Hi Rob

If my ancient and decrepit memory serves me correctly Tasmania was part of Australia Blue - Orbx's first ever commercial offering to the flightsim world?

Anyways, having viewed the screenshots kindly offered to this thread I have concluded that some of the smaller Tassy lakes slipped through in default mode and there is not a lot wrong with my install.

I am firmly of the opinion that Orbx are currently producing the best scenery and providing the best support possible in a highly competitive business.

My thanks to all those who contributed to this thread.

alank

Archived