Calling Vector Beta Testers...

FSRobert

Can one of you tell me what level of FSGlobal 2010 FTX Mesh resolution was used for testing.  I have tried all all them in P3Dv2 and found that Mesh resolution 152m STOPS airport plateauing but, gives very poor detail. When using best detail of 1M comes outstanding detail and an abundance airport plateauing.

Thank you for any help toward my situation.  

I am using it at max and flying around and in mountain ranges is biliiant. I can put up with most of the issues but, the plateauing at my favorite airports in California is annoying. Just install the GA Hawain airports and the island flying is a treat with the coastlines ... Wow. The California coastlines are not perfect and I can think improvements are coming over time. I guess all we can do is post problems in areas and hope the DEVS will put them on the fit it list.

Well I hope it is free of charge and it is easy to use... Hassle free with only a click or two.

I must say thought it's odd to have to get a program from pilots to correct another program from pilots or I seem to be missing something.

Well I hope it is free of charge and it is easy to use... Hassle free with only a click or two.

That non-Vector version costs 30 euro's. Can't imagine they will give it away for free...? But other than that: it seems to me that program doesn't let you change the elevation: it simply is a collection of elevation correction problems... Pilot's did the job for you. But you should get those corrections with Vector anyway! So why they are thinking about a Vector version is a mystery to me.

That non-Vector version costs 30 euro's. Can't imagine they will give it away for free...? But other than that: it seems to me that program doesn't let you change the elevation: it simply is a collection of elevation correction problems... Pilot's did the job for you. But you should get those corrections with Vector anyway! So why they are thinking about a Vector version is a mystery to me.

Jeroen, please check facts before posting. There has not been any announcement that VECTOR customers will need to purchase a payware tool to correct elevations. Sometimes I think you spend too much time on conjecture and rumours rather than actually enjoying your hobby, and it's growing tiresome :(

The standard Orbx mesh slider setting is 5m, this is what we use for any airport addons, and in the region packs

Tim thank you for the reply. I will give that 5m number another try.With saying regions packs do you mean FTX Freeware Global Airports NA Packs as well ?  I hope this is the case anyway.   

I think that this tool actually "corrects" the mesh around the airport and not the airport elevation itself. At least that's what I understand from the product's description.

But I agree that it should be provided for free to those who own both FS Global and Vector.

From Pilots website:-

ATTENTION! This version of AFM was NOT designed to work with FS/FTX Global Vector installed! We are considering to offer a V2.0 soon.

What will V2 offer? Is it anything to do with Vector and default mesh?

Missed the discount due to uncertainty and lack of clarity from Pilots on what was needed or recommended but will consider purchase once it is clear.

One other question .....Can P3D V2 have sloped runways?

Hi!

Things will get better with update 1.10 because of updated airport elevation corrections. However, due to the flat airport concept of FSX, things will never be perfect (especially with sloped runways).

Bernd

I have to agree with you here. FSX will never be perfect. Maybe one day P3D will. Can you imagine MS releasing FSX back in the day with the amount of data that we encounter today? Just imagine the amount of DVDs it would take and the price. Today we can perfectly download 22 GB of information at a reasonable rate but way back then is was nearly impossible. Nobody can blame MS for these imperfections and today every developer... all the good ones... are squeezing all they can to make FSX look the way MS developers wished for. Now, I would find amusing to see their reactions of what they created to the realism we find today. :)

Archived