FTX GLOBAL VECTOR with FXT GLOBAL 2010

gsumner

Which setting please in mesh product works with Global Vector.

Default or FX GLOBAL X

Just installed and cant see any documentation

Thanks

Graham

Whoops!

Found documentation must read later but meantime whats the best everyone is using until airport elevation problems are re worked.

There are 2 options in the mesh scenery config program that comes with FTX edition of global 2010. Which one should we use. Also if this is a different edition,which support forum should we use.

Graham

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

the "plateauing" is a known issue related to the default fields altitudes, as the mesh invokes the correct altitude the fsX based fields are set to the fsX values hence the mismatch, to correct that the fields should be brought up to their real life altitudes and that involves a wee bit of work, there approx. 27,000 fields out there, and not all are affected, but to figure which ones are affected involves a wee bit of a task.

I do understand Wolter.  I just thought with the addition of FSGlobal 2010 FTX I would not be experiencing so much plateauing around Southern California and ocean issues.  On the bright side coming into KAVX was a treat.  :)

I guess in time most will be corrected...gotta keep the FSFaith. 

I have a question: what is the difference between FSGlobal 2010 FTX edition and FSGlobal Ultimate ? Based on the "name" FSglobal2010 FTX edition should work better with FTX Vector, but on the other hand FSGlobal Ultimate seems to be a more detailed mesh....

Am I missing something ?

Regards

I have a question: what is the difference between FSGlobal 2010 FTX edition and FSGlobal Ultimate ? Based on the "name" FSglobal2010 FTX edition should work better with FTX Vector, but on the other hand FSGlobal Ultimate seems to be a more detailed mesh....

Am I missing something ?

Regards

Fs global ultimate has much more detail and resolution and it doesn't cover the entire In one shot. ..you will have to buy them separate for a total of 100GB at $49.99 a piece.

I used to own FSG 2010 and now have Ultimate. The diffence between the 2 products is more obvious over the unkown areas of flight simulation

2010 or FS genesis are accurate enough for western urban zones

the "plateauing" is a known issue related to the default fields altitudes, as the mesh invokes the correct altitude the fsX based fields are set to the fsX values hence the mismatch, to correct that the fields should be brought up to their real life altitudes and that involves a wee bit of work, there approx. 27,000 fields out there, and not all are affected, but to figure which ones are affected involves a wee bit of a task.

Hmm, so can I assume from this comment, that the explanation I was seeking to get here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71018-orbxvector-aec-corrections-reference-fsglobal2010-ftx-mesh/

is that the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC entry in the scenery library corrects some default airports to the default mesh, but now that I am using the FSGlobal2010-FTX mesh, I have created the same airport elevation problems for myself in various locations all over again? Which does indeed appear to the case, given what I saw at the airports I listed in the referenced post...

I'm happy to play around with any options I've been given and need to understand better.

Main question I have is whether it's safe to experiment with the FSG_No_Flatten tool if you have FTX Global and FTX Global Vector installed, or not; I don't want to mess up the 99% that's working for the 1% issues I see here and there!

I installed FSGlobal2010 after FTX Global Vector, just let me know if there's another step I can/should take, thanks.

The best persons to answer this subject are Stefan and / or Bernd they are the mesh experts, I'll try and buzz 'm to this post

I would simply like to know what is the difference between the FS Global 2010 I bought in September and the current FS Global 2010 FTX Pilots is selling now.

I would simply like to know what is the difference between the FS Global 2010 I bought in September and the current FS Global 2010 FTX Pilots is selling now.

Good point, but i've some other questions:

I've already bought FTX Global and FTX Vector but not yet installed VECTOR for the same issue. I want to upgrade the mesh section before instaling it but i'm a bit confused. 

Could please some expert give a clear answer to this: "wich MESH do you suggest ?"

-Is not a matter of price , but wich are  the difference between FS Global 2010 (dvd Boxed) and the version downlodable  for FTX ?

-I know that th FS Global Ultimate have a better resolution and  do not cover the entire globe BUT if i do not care about that, DO YOU suggest  the ULTIMATE or 2010  to work best with VECTOR ?

Please help me to buy the proper stuff to use with VECTOR without messing up FSX . 

Thanks in advance for your kindness  and Happy 2014 ;D

R.Bellini

The best persons to answer this subject are Stefan and / or Bernd they are the mesh experts, I'll try and buzz 'm to this post

Lovely. Maybe one of them can answer the original question to my thread before you lot hi-jacked it ;-)

Graham

Sent from my Enjoy 71 using Tapatalk

Good point, but i've some other questions:

I've already bought FTX Global and FTX Vector but not yet installed VECTOR for the same issue. I want to upgrade the mesh section before instaling it but i'm a bit confused. 

Could please some expert give a clear answer to this: "wich MESH do you suggest ?"

-Is not a matter of price , but wich are  the difference between FS Global 2010 (dvd Boxed) and the version downlodable  for FTX ?

-I know that th FS Global Ultimate have a better resolution and  do not cover the entire globe BUT if i do not care about that, DO YOU suggest  the ULTIMATE or 2010  to work best with VECTOR ?

Please help me to buy the proper stuff to use with VECTOR without messing up FSX . 

Thanks in advance for your kindness  and Happy 2014 ;D

R.Bellini

PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible 

This edition was designed to support FS Global Vector as well as Orbx FTX Global Texture, Vector and LC as they are made available. Install all of them and you have a completely new Flight Simulator World.

It can at any time be used as a standalone mesh add-on as well.

FS Global 2010 for FTX was designed to work with Microsoft FSX and Lockheed Martins Prepar3D 1.4 and Prepar3D 2.0.

Features:

• (FS-Mesh- and sourcedata in 9m resolution!) for Hawaii (complete) and the southwest of the US, south of 38°N and west of 108°W (ca. Mesa Verde -> Point Reyes)
  • High Quality Coverage of North America (and p.Canada!): nationwide LOD11 (19m)
  • Greenland, Iceland and Scandinavia in LOD 9 (76m; standard SRTM resolution)
  • additional high resolution areas in Europe in LOD11 (19m): High Tatra, Scottland, Hardangervidda (Norway)
  • huge areas in the north of Russia in LOD9
  • Antarctica in LOD8
  • sophisticated new algorithm for correct views of ridges and peaks (most of them should have been higher and will now be nearer to actual value)
  • new algorithm for reducing irrelevant data for higher data compression
  • new algorithm for finding and correcting errors
  • Airport-Patches for prominent problem areas

I will go with this Mesh because it clearly states that it was design for FTX users and you have to remember that FTX Vector is also PILOT'S and of course they are going to make their mesh fit better than a 3rd party mesh this is call "competition".   

Archived