Black rivers P3Dv2

cptCaptain85

Yep, me too. It almost like there are inland water areas with an undefined water type and hence no texture. It shouldn't be that hard to fix it. This is from a post from 2009:

scenery\world\texture307b2su1.bmp - 312b2su1.bmp307 shallow inland brown308 deep inland brown309 ocean inlet brown310 nonperennial inland sea brown311 nonperennial inland water brown312 outflow water 

The inland blue water types are 305/306/315/316B2SU1.BMP.

Me too, in P3D2. These are Novosibirsk, Russia, E082 47 N055 03, east of the airfield. I was getting an out of memory shutdown so I moved my autogen sliders down from ultra and now I have this. The black bits are all water textures.

Click on pics for high resolution.

jcetenz4z3fcjso4g.jpg

9eghdrfvf5ztiht4g.jpg

I gotta say, - the areas that are working correctly are fantastic.

To test if it's a resource problem, can areas with black rivers be reproduced after the sim is restarted and the flight resumed? FSX and P3D both produce black or blue tiles when the system is strained or ground textures cannot be loaded fast enough.

To test if it's a resource problem, can areas with black rivers be reproduced after the sim is restarted and the flight resumed? FSX and P3D both produce black or blue tiles when the system is strained or ground textures cannot be loaded fast enough.

Alex, I was able to solve the problem by change my Affinity in my Prepar3D.cfg -- see my thread response here on avsim: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430420-p3dv2-orbx-ftx-global-vector-first-impressions/?p=2893795

Hi robains

Your link is off line! Can you elaborate here please!!

Thanks

The setting's LM suggest using in their Performance tuning guide didn't work for me and seemed to cause issues, so I removed their suggestions and went with just the following two changes:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=4088

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=27

and removed the following settings:

[TERRAIN]

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1  (this can be accomplished by just deleting the Shaders directory)

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

I'm running a 6/12 Core CPU with HT enabled.

Archived