PNW anomoly since patch

Ron Attwood

I rather suspect a reinstall of PNW is on the cards but maybe there's a quick way of sorting this:

Chehalis-Centralia KCLS. I don't know if this happens anywhere else.

grass.jpg

Or maybe it was the Library, although I did reinstall the latest one.

Cheers, Ron

Definitely a library issue with some of the grass models in DX10 mode. It comes from the libraries, I actually modified the grasses and added them into the libraries. The alteration made was to remove crashboxes but now it appears that has some sort of effect in DX10 mode... Time to go play DX10 whack-a-mole and figure out what broke...

Ok, the problem has been tracked down. If any daring soul would like to try the newly patched files here they are:

attachicon.gifOrbxlibs_vegetation_x_nocrash.zip

This should make sure they display correctly in DX10 mode while still remaining crash-free. My apologies for letting this one slip through. 

Hmmm, difficult to see your link in the original post, Alex. However, am I right I have to run the updates in the sequence

1. PNW 006 patch

Library

finally your DX10 fix?

Hmmm, difficult to see your link in the original post, Alex. However, am I right I have to run the updates in the sequence

1. PNW 006 patch

Library

finally your DX10 fix?

The vegatation_x_nocrash.zip patch is not downloadable, because protected.

The Orbxlibs vegetation_x_orig.zip, see Mail 6 above, works fine. The volumetric grass is back again.

Wulf

The vegatation_x_nocrash.zip patch is not downloadable, because protected.

The Orbxlibs vegetation_x_orig.zip, see Mail 6 above, works fine. The volumetric grass is back again.

Wulf

Thanks for your confirmation, Wulf. Finally it has always been good practice NOT to install new files / patches during the first days of their existence...

• 2 weeks later...

That's great Alex!

Thank You very much for the files!

I was wondering too when i encounterd this issue lately at some airports!

Currently undertaking a complete FSX install and so looking around here at the support forums often as i - although all is pretty much routine by now - still often oversee something when undertaking a new install.

An this is one of these things - completely missed it at first as the topic was started around last Christmas holidays.

The happier i am now to know what's wrong - and even better to know how to get it fixed - and super great to know that it will be adressed with the next official library update! :smile:

Really great!

• 10 months later...

reviving an old one here, but had the same 3d grass issue in dx10 for a long time, even when all orbxlibs were updated (as of today).  

only when i added the above 2 veg bgls did it fix the problem.  

so i guess this fix hasn't been disseminated to the pnw orbxlibs.

A crosscheck on PNW Chehalis-Centralia KCLS does not show any vegetation/grass issues in DX10. 

Did You install the

- latest PNW Patch 5 and Patch 8 as a DVD user or reloaded from FSS the already full patched PNW version

- Latest ORBXLIBS 140927 regarded?

When You are saying "dx10":

Do You use the FSX DX10 preview mode only, the freeware DX10 fixer in Avsim or the payware DX10 scenery fixer av. in FSS?

Wulf

dx10 preview with freeware fixer.

observed this at 1s2, places along the way to and including kbli even with the latest patches installed.

only by manually placing the 2 files in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery did the problem go away.  

Archived