Help with new Monitor

shane2801

Hi guys

At present I have a Benq 2400hd 24 inch monitor but am looking to upgrade. I am looking at the AOC 2963PM 29 inch ultra wide monitor aspect ration 21:9.

How do you think this will look with FSX? Any advice would be much appreciated as I am not a real tech head.

Thanks

I have a very old but still capable 30" Dell LCD monitor from many years ago.  It is still providing good service but it does lack some modern features.

I recently got a 24" Viewsonic OLED monitor for my gaming laptop and I have been very impressed so far with it's 120 HZ refresh rate and 1920x1200 rez

It is also impossibly thin and is made of good looking aluminum,  

Shane, it has a high resolution so should be fine.

I started with one Dell 27" HD Resolution 2,560 x 1,440 which was outstanding.

As you can se from my signature I now have three.

Regards

Ken

Hey Ken,

I was just curious...which model of the Dell 27 inch did you go for?

I currently use a great Dell 30 inch like Rudel but have been thinking for a while now of doing the same thing you've done with the 27 inch models. However, I've noticed there's two or three models on the market right now with that resolution and was wondering, if you're impressed with the way you've gone, which models you went for?

Kind regards :smile: ,

Sid

Don't get a new monitor yet -have a look at this 1st . I tried to paste the link here but it wont grab it . Go to G-Force and Technology  in Hardware you'll see they are coming out with a monitor with G-SYNC in it and will stop issues like tearing which I have and cant get rid of it no how..In fact you can buy it now .

I recently purchased the Asus VG248QE which I am more than happy with. 144 Hz at 1920x1080 with 1ms response time.

The advantage of this monitor is the upgrade capability for G-Sync with a kit that can be purchased at a later date and self installed.

Best monitor I have ever had.

Regards,

Roger

Don't get a new monitor yet -have a look at this 1st . I tried to paste the link here but it wont grab it . Go to G-Force and Technology  in Hardware you'll see they are coming out with a monitor with G-SYNC in it and will stop issues like tearing which I have and cant get rid of it no how..In fact you can buy it now .

Thanks.

I assume this is it.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync

Keep an eye for the QNIX 27in monitor . They are samsung panels with a no frills bezel. Full 2560x1440 and up to 120hz. You get them on ebay and they are delivered to your door via DHL courier within 4 days.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Yes Ken.

Extract from the Geforce.com site

How To Upgrade To G-SYNC

If you’re as excited by NVIDIA G-SYNC as we are and want to get your own G-SYNC monitor, here’s how. Early next year, G-SYNC monitors from ASUS, BenQ, Phillips and ViewSonic will be available direct from the shelves of retailers and e-tailers. If you can't wait, G-SYNC modules will be winging their way to professional modders who will install them into ASUS VG248QE monitors, rated by press and gamers as one of the best gaming panels available.

Alternatively, if you’re a dab hand with a Philips screwdriver, you can purchase the kit itself and mod an ASUS VG248QE monitor at home. A complete installation instruction manual will be available to view online when the module becomes available, giving you a good idea of the skill level required for the DIY solution; assuming proficiency with modding, our technical gurus believe installation should take approximately 30 minutes.

(Update December 20, 2013: We are excited to confirm that the NVIDIA G-SYNC Do-It-Yourself Kits will be available for purchase in early January. Further details will be announced shortly.)

Not convinced that the vertically narrow 21x9 is well suited for a sim. I recently went to a Dell 2713hm (16x9) that I put at work this week. I am very satisfied in an early appraisal. I run it at 2560x1440 and have a very sharp cockpit in the DCS A10 (still have to install fsx in my new rig). The 2713hm is in promotion btw.

Archived