Quick survey...how many Majestic Q400 pilots in here

GroovyMotion

In general I use FSX to go back where I want, 30sec to 2 min. I position the cam where I want and hit F9 (FRAP record), the EZDOK is equipped with a bunch of features that took me a wile to understand, but in a few words the cam as 3 major adjustment: Speed (mouse and keyboard), acceleration and slew mode.  So you can decide to NOT move the cam of very slowly to replicate if it was film from another airplane. It as 3 main view,: cockpit, outside and word view. 

Here is a vid I did for Bozeman, the "world" view was used most of the time. Your basically have a 3D moving cam and can go everywhere you want at the speed you want. Perfect to show every little detail of the airport.

Ok...now I see how dev's make their promo videos! Thanks! I am going to get EZDOK when I get my taxes back so I can have a good setup :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you can run the ngx, you will be amazed by the performance of the airbus x

X2, the Airbus X (first one) was a big flaw for me, never worked properly. But the Extended is way better. FPS are average but no killer.

Bought a few fighter yesterday... so far not so impress. The Harrier have non fonctianl screen, the VTOL in FSX look like it's not working...  The convair I don't get a few thing like the wing system. The Eurofighter is very unstable bird... more to come. But the Bronco is pure joy.

Ok...now I see how dev's make their promo videos! Thanks! I am going to get EZDOK when I get my taxes back so I can have a good setup :)

I'm a poor basXXX also but I always find a few $$ for my hobbies (FSX being one), I don't go to restaurant never, don't buy much thing anyway. Don't have any kids... 2 old car. It's not for the price of a 6 pack that will stop me buying software (all on sale lately) for some winter fun.

I'm a shop owner, I sale old VW part true Paypal and that money is use only for my hobbies. No Paypal money no new hobby toy.

And this morning, at -25C (-13F) I'm staying inside.... On top we have a snow storm coming tonight. Even if the electricity goes out I'll start the generator and open the computer... ha ha ha. Ok, I,ll go cut some logs now. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

I'm a poor basXXX also but I always find a few $$ for my hobbies (FSX being one), I don't go to restaurant never, don't buy much thing anyway. Don't have any kids... 2 old car. It's not for the price of a 6 pack that will stop me buying software (all on sale lately) for some winter fun.

I'm a shop owner, I sale old VW part true Paypal and that money is use only for my hobbies. No Paypal money no new hobby toy.

And this morning, at -25C (-13F) I'm staying inside.... On top we have a snow storm coming tonight. Even if the electricity goes out I'll start the generator and open the computer... ha ha ha. Ok, I,ll go cut some logs now. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

:D same for me...flat broke! Been looking for a job for 3 months now and nothing :(

How is your cheap AMD setup working in FSX? I might go that way and just wait when I get a job to upgrade later in 2014.

Don't forget the upcoming Airline2Sim training program for the Q400. It looks like it's going to be very reasonable priced.

The Q400 is my favorite turboprop right now.  I'm really looking forward to the Pro Edition.   By the way, I love Rob's Horizon repaints!

Todd

Don't forget the upcoming Airline2Sim training program for the Q400. It looks like it's going to be very reasonable priced.

The Q400 is my favorite turboprop right now.  I'm really looking forward to the Pro Edition.   By the way, I love Rob's Horizon repaints!

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

not yet .... convince me ! I am still in the qw 146 ab f1 king air. aerosoft otter x        hows the learning curve compared to my favorites now?

I had the QW 146 and the learning curve was steep for me as I had no clue what were SID/STAR or LNAV/VNAV and had never touched an FMC/FMS!

the Q400 is very different, you need to constantly monitor it as it's got lots of turbulence effects and also the powers but this is the case in the 146 as well.

What I love about the Q400 is how easy it is to climb! And I had no CTD's and it's very ncie fps wise for me.

so is the fuel data and all the other minutia that is required for entry in the fmc say for the ifly 737 and the like  required on the q-400 and/or is their an option to make it so . as I find the q 146 pretty simple but the complete simulated fmc set up in some products gets tedious. as my time is limited  (old guy) I appreciate the complexity and could perform the functions but a little help is great. ala q 146...... I need more convincing . the Article in pc pilot was good but then I heard about the turbulence issue ... .. I need convincing so ima go watch the videos you all posted.

I had the QW 146 and the learning curve was steep for me as I had no clue what were SID/STAR or LNAV/VNAV and had never touched an FMC/FMS!

the Q400 is very different, you need to constantly monitor it as it's got lots of turbulence effects and also the powers but this is the case in the 146 as well.

What I love about the Q400 is how easy it is to climb! And I had no CTD's and it's very ncie fps wise for me.

The Q400 is a real attention hog in real life too ;)

It's a real point of contention to some that the "majors" don't like hiring turboprop guys as they don't have "real jet" time... But frankly, the Q400 has a turbine engine just the same, and I would argue that if you can fly the Q400, a "real" jet is a piece of cake by comparrison ;)

But enough of my bug-bears... I think I'd prefer to fly the Q400 for life anyway... It's way more fun!

The Q400 is a real attention hog in real life too ;)

It's a real point of contention to some that the "majors" don't like hiring turboprop guys as they don't have "real jet" time... But frankly, the Q400 has a turbine engine just the same, and I would argue that if you can fly the Q400, a "real" jet is a piece of cake by comparrison ;)

But enough of my bug-bears... I think I'd prefer to fly the Q400 for life anyway... It's way more fun!

I bet it's fun to fly the Q400! :)

so is the fuel data and all the other minutia that is required for entry in the fmc say for the ifly 737 and the like  required on the q-400 and/or is their an option to make it so . as I find the q 146 pretty simple but the complete simulated fmc set up in some products gets tedious. as my time is limited  (old guy) I appreciate the complexity and could perform the functions but a little help is great. ala q 146...... I need more convincing . the Article in pc pilot was good but then I heard about the turbulence issue ... .. I need convincing so ima go watch the videos you all posted.

There is a control panel for the Q400 where you enter the baggages, pax and fuel required and then it sends the data to the FMS.

lUxj.jpg

Groovy, I think you mean it loads the aircraft for you. You still have to enter the ZFW and fuel amount into the FMS manually, but that takes all of 2 minutes.

Todd

Thanks Todd, I forgot to mention it, but yes it takes 2min...and for the fuel onboard you just look at the MFD under the engines :)

Add me to the list,  awesome 

Terry

Great Terry! :)

What is an FMS? ::)

I only fly the Q400 manually, well I fly all my plane manually.I even rarely use the auto-pilot. 

You see, it's different for everyone.I think I never went above 15,000 feet in my sim history. If I hit the auto-pilot I activate the 8X time faster.

I guess that some of you like to reproduce a real flight from cold-dark cockpit to parking this one at the destination runway. Good for you.

Lately my fun is to save a game at 5000 feet on final, use Sky Next to make my life miserable and put the thing on the center line.

there is stuff for each one.

Ben

ftx_dec580.jpg

What is an FMS? ::)

I only fly the Q400 manually, well I fly all my plane manually.I even rarely use the auto-pilot. 

You see, it's different for everyone.I think I never went above 15,000 feet in my sim history. If I hit the auto-pilot I activate the 8X time faster.

I guess that some of you like to reproduce a real flight from cold-dark cockpit to parking this one at the destination runway. Good for you.

Lately my fun is to save a game at 5000 feet on final, use Sky Next to make my life miserable and put the thing on the center line.

there is stuff for each one.

Ben

For me it depends, sometimes I just want to enjoy the scenery and don't fly high and I set the AP to take my time for screenshots. And some other times I want to fly as real as possible with the Q400

Another Q400 Pilot/Lover here!

Iam hung on three planes in FSX, Majestic Q400, A2A C127r and the Lotus simulations L-39. Besides the PMDG fans, these are among the best add-ons in FSX IMHO. In second place for me, Twin Otter X, Bronco X and all the RealAir stuff.

Good care and safe flight´s!

Mike

Another Q400 Pilot/Lover here!

Iam hung on three planes in FSX, Majestic Q400, A2A C127r and the Lotus simulations L-39. Besides the PMDG fans, these are among the best add-ons in FSX IMHO. In second place for me, Twin Otter X, Bronco X and all the RealAir stuff.

Good care and safe flight´s!

Mike

Thanks for sharing Mike!

Regular pilot here, fly with my va out if cyxs, krbg, kpsc. Unfortunately not from pakt as it doesn't like. The sloped taxi way! Same as the realair Lancair.

Especially love the way the aircraft operates and the sounds!

Great! :)

Does your Q400 sink in on sloped taxi? I heard it's an issue because calculations are made outside FSX

It always sits perfectly flat. Realair don't use this method and their Lancair has the same issue.

ah this sux! :(

Another Q400 fan. I fly the Capital Shuttle between Canberra and Sydney a bit.

Currently taking her on a spin around NZ.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nice! :)

Archived