Traffic at Ayers Rock

Penzoil3

:o

Didn't realise the big boys landed at Ayers Rock, or that there was AI there. Imagine my shock as I was nursing my chopper at about 1000 ft ( 333 meters ), to land on the numbers; when I heard a roar, and this went by UNDER me, to land on the same runway !! I was so startled I didn't hit the V key!

ROFLMAO

Sue

Posted Image

hehe... that's happened to me before (not having tuned into the airports freq) damm surprising!

What you could have done is... switched to guns rolled on their 6 and sprayed... that'll teach'em.  ;D

Didn't realise the big boys landed at Ayers Rock,

I the heady nineties (days of IT corporate excess), the mutlinationals I worked for used to charter Ansett 767's and fly planeloads customers to Ayers Rock airport for conferences at the resort and big 5-course open-air dinners in the middle of the desert. I even once jammed with James Morrison at the hotel bar into the wee hours,

I remember one flight where a mate of mine did the safety demonstation using the PA system, wearing an apron and putting on a falsetto voice, completely p*ssed out of his head (as we all were) - the lot of us were in absolute hysterics rolling in the isles. Ah the good old days ....

I remember one flight where a mate of mine did the safety demonstation using the PA system, wearing an apron and putting on a falsetto voice, completely p*ssed out of his head

now now John, be honest now, it wasn't really your "mate" was it  ;D ;D

I remember one flight where a mate of mine did the safety demonstation using the PA system, wearing an apron and putting on a falsetto voice, completely p*ssed out of his head

now now John, be honest now, it wasn't really your "mate" was it  ;D ;D

Muahahahahahahaha! time to come clean...................    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Didn't realise the big boys landed at Ayers Rock, or that there was AI there. Imagine my shock as I was nursing my chopper at about 1000 ft ( 333 meters ), to land on the numbers; when I heard a roar, and this went by UNDER me, to land on the same runway !! I was so startled I didn't hit the V key!

ROFLMAO

Sue

Hi Sue,

I took this photo in 2002, the last time I was there... We had just flown in from YBCS enroute to YPPH.

Cheers

Posted Image

I took this photo from the carpark at YAYE

Posted Image

...and this one from the air

Posted Image

:D

Beautiful  pictures Maxtor, thanks. Looking at real photos of the rock, and comparing all our screenshots; I realise what a great job Orbx did !!

Thank Guys!

Sue

( J. V. in an apron, doing the safety lecture in a falsetto... now there's an image !  ROFLMAO )

Archived