Must-stop-buying-FSX-planes...

Dooga

Yesterday The Imp got to me again, and before I knew it I'd bought these... now it has to be enough for a couple of months, or at least until Vector comes out. At the moment I utilize the same approach to the limits of my flight simming budget as the US government does with the debt ceiling: ignore it... and ignore it... and ignore it...

HXU9n.png

wtEBX.png

Yesterday The Imp got to me again, and before I knew it I'd bought these... now it has to be enough for a couple of months, or at least until Vector comes out. At the moment I utilize the same approach to the limits of my flight simming budget as the US government does with the debt ceiling: ignore it... and ignore it... and ignore it...

Here's one of the cockpit, taken from the second row :)

YbtQ6.png

And actually I got (had to get) both, the turbine version and the piston v2. the problem was that initially I thought they weren't that far apart regarding their release dates and features, so I got the turbine one (you can never have enough power, right?). Then I realized that it uses default FSX lighting (especially noticeable for taxi and ldg lights), and after a quick conversation with Rob found out that it's relatively old (at least compared to the A2A Cessna or Aerosoft Twotter). I was flirting with the piston machine anyways, and that is a rather recent release, so I shut both eyes wide and bought that as well. They are both very good, the power of those two turbines is frightening! I've had at least three in-flight breakups because of overspeed, can't remember to get those throttles back quickly enough when I'm admiring her looks...

The only little thing I'd like improved is the usage of the default FSX Garmin. No, I won't spend 50 or 100 quid for that poorly supported Reality XP one. So a little more love on the default unit, e.g. like in the Twotter or A2A Cessna, or maybe even a usable default GNS530/GNS430 combo and these planes would be unbeatable. Or the G1000 like in the Carenado C182 HD...

Thanks Dooga for the info, but you just cost me £33...lol :)

I do have the RXP 530, and I find it better to use than the stock ones offered by developers.  For support, I've always managed to resolve any issues via forums not RXP themselves.  If you purchase through the flight1 wrapper you get 30 days to try, and they will refund if you don't like. Integration with Realair is easy.

Just debating weather to now purchase a GNS430, and ultimate package to add a bit more realism, as you get the cross fill ability as well, but that's nearly £100...ummmm well it is Christmas, and " I'm worth it"  Ho Ho Ho

Many Thanks

Ken

Here's one of the cockpit, taken from the second row :)

And actually I got (had to get) both, the turbine version and the piston v2. the problem was that initially I thought they weren't that far apart regarding their release dates and features, so I got the turbine one (you can never have enough power, right?). Then I realized that it uses default FSX lighting (especially noticeable for taxi and ldg lights), and after a quick conversation with Rob found out that it's relatively old (at least compared to the A2A Cessna or Aerosoft Twotter). I was flirting with the piston machine anyways, and that is a rather recent release, so I shut both eyes wide and bought that as well. They are both very good, the power of those two turbines is frightening! I've had at least three in-flight breakups because of overspeed, can't remember to get those throttles back quickly enough when I'm admiring her looks...

I must say the cockpit looks amazing, better than the turbine version I got! And yes lighting is not great but I do like how fast she is!

This is one aircraft that you really need to monitor all gauges, fells like being in a heavy! :blink:

Thanks Dooga for the info, but you just cost me £33...lol :)

I do have the RXP 530, and I find it better to use than the stock ones offered by developers.  For support, I've always managed to resolve any issues via forums not RXP themselves.  If you purchase through the flight1 wrapper you get 30 days to try, and they will refund if you don't like. Integration with Realair is easy.

Just debating weather to now purchase a GNS430, and ultimate package to add a bit more realism, as you get the cross fill ability as well, but that's nearly £100...ummmm well it is Christmas, and " I'm worth it"  Ho Ho Ho

Many Thanks

Ken

Hey Ken, yup, Flight1 has a good return policy, I just got my 146 refunded from  because of too many CTD's! I would like to try their iFly 737 but I am not sure, since lots of things are simulated I might have issues with it as well.

As for the RXP, do you have the wx radar included? And does the 2D popup work? I am wondering if it's worth the upgrade!

Yes, I had the RXP Weather gauge, but it's separate. I only used it on the PMG JS41, as the stock plane had a blank panel where it should be.  It took a little bit of configuring, and I don't use the JS41 anymore, since the PMDG 737ngx came out.

So not really worth the purchase.

As for the GNS530, it works fine with the Realair products via the config panel, and the 2d popups are fine as well.  Just wondering if I can configure 2 GNS530's rather than a 530 & 430 to crossfill.  Maybe just too expensive for me though.

Need to save up for more Orbx releases next year :)

Happy Christmas Everybody

Ken

Archived