FTX England (Brize/Lyneham)

chazzer

Just purchased ORBX FTX England as well as a brand new computer.

Have loaded FSX and FSX Acceleration and Service Pack 1. all seems ok with the new FSX Scenery.

Living in the cottage at the end of the main runway at RAF Lyneham I know what it should look like especially as the package says I should be able to fly over my own house.

I cant find it.........

As Lyneham is now closed I have to venture some 27 miles to RAF Brize Norton to view my favourite aircraft The Hercules..

I noticed when I ventured from Lyneham to Brize last night in FSX Flight Sim that 3 Base Hangars were missing from the scenery the 2 hangars on the Northside were replaced with what appeared to be office blocks. AlsoI didnt see any controll tower which should be on the southside of the airfield.

The 3rd new Hercules hangar didnt appear at all.

Im not being picky but I like to see things where they should be.

Any updates available to correct this problem or do I have to re-install UK Airports 2000.

Chazzer :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:

I'd love to see where you read that the package shows your house Chazzer. 

The package still uses generic textures (as well as lots of other cool stuff of course, like shorelines, landclass and autogen placement), as opposed to it being photoreal.  Very nice textures mind you and obviously much nicer that MS gave us.  Similarly, the airports are mostly (if not all) just an enhancement over the default ones and to me at least, most are a big enhancement.  But the airports are not proper full blown add-on airports with everything where it should be, these are what you would get when you buy stuff like Southampton, Shoreham etc.  If there is a full blown airport included, it will appear in the features description, like Wales includes  a full blown Cardiff; Swansea is there too, but just an enhanced version of the default, not full blown proper version.

The guys at the "Airfield Construction Group" are developing a freeware Brize Norton, which will be accurate to the N'th degree. I think their current projects are being designed with OrbX in mind, so it'll be worth looking out for.

For anyone using the ACG Duxford freeware, its just been updated to reflect the 2013 layout. I just thought i'd mention that ^-^

The guys at the "Airfield Construction Group" are developing a freeware Brize Norton, which will be accurate to the N'th degree. I think their current projects are being designed with OrbX in mind, so it'll be worth looking out for.

For anyone using the ACG Duxford freeware, its just been updated to reflect the 2013 layout. I just thought i'd mention that ^-^

Yes, I had forgotten about that.  Thanks Mike for pointing this out.

Thanks for the HU - will download when I get home.

Archived