FTX Wales - Don't Need Cardiff

GAJ52

Hi

I have just bought FTX Wales but because I use UK2000 Extreme airfields I don't wish to install the EGFF airfield supplied with this software.  How can I install FTX Wales without installing EGFF, or if it does install by default, how do I disable it.

Thanks

Glen

You get the FTX version for free with it so why not try it?

The blending into the terrain will be better, and in my personal opinion, the FTX modelling looks superior to uk2000. Nothing wrong with uk2000 mind you, it just makes sense to me to use the version of Cardiff that was actually designed for the region, especially when it's free

first make sure you get all updates and patches from the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

to disable EGFF:

make sure FTX Central is set to EU

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU and rename the FTX_AA_EGFF folder to FTX_AA_EGFF_OFF

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts and rename the scenerylib_EU_EGFF.cfg to scenerylib_EU_EGFF.cfg.OFF

in the Scripts folder there is FTXConfigurator.exe, right click and run as Administrator, you won't see anything happening as it is a silent application

fire up fsX and check that the FTX-EGFF scnery is no longer present/active, it will now display the basic fsX airfield

close fsX

install / activate your UK2000 scenery

fire up fsX and check again

as for warranty or guarantee's that it works .............................. or not I couldn't tell as I do not have that scenery

Archived