FTX Global Iceland Demo... A few from my travels...

Hi all...

The Iceland Demo is now well and truly in testing... And even in it's early stages, it's looking great :)

Of course, I am biased... so perhaps you should judge for yourself ;)

Remember, the Demo shows what you can get with all the upcoming FTX Global family of packages... FTX Global, Open LC, Vector, and it also includes the separate FS Global Mesh Demo that is recommended for best results... Any mesh product will work though. Just remember that mesh is something that you will need to get if you want the best results out of the upcoming Gobal, Vector and Open LC releases...

OIJmu.jpg

eT5Cq.jpg

p2SrA.jpg

LGzxB.jpg

eFGW4.jpg

hR1Xm.jpg

EywUZ.jpg

wagRm.jpg

AKM5.jpg

When the full FSX is looking like Iceland Demo in future,  i think i´m (and I´m not alone) the happiest simmer all the time

This is one of the best Projects ever made foe FSX.

Thanks to ORBX and the great Team behind

OK then, ROB Newman so for the sake, come with the little new orsome one, i can bear it any more.

Ive just reinstalled Approx 60 ORBx Products so You just come with this one also. And I can bear it too. ::)

My SSD is capaple of 930GB and there is 652 GB back, so You have move fast before the warrenty runn out on the SSD.

Honestly i look forward to your (ORBx) little new one, always incredible stuff here and I know that the bar wount be set any lower, also in the future.

Kind regards

Henrik

Looks great! Am I correct that the demo will include a way to view the scenery with just FSX and FTX Global? If so, could you post some shots with just those present?

Thanks Howard

The demo installs everything in the small (!) Area of Iceland (global - for those that don't have it, vector, open LC and the fs global 2010 mesh)... You could however just disable the mesh, vector and open LC in your scenery library manually, just leaving default fsx with Global textures...

The purpose of the demo is to showcase just what to expect when all the products come together as a whole...

Again: Is the Ice land demo compatible with the airport scenery Keflavik X from Aerosoft?

Unfortunately I don't have Keflavik X... So I can't check any compatibility with that product... Maybe some of the other developers/testers may have it, but I'm not sure about that either.

If it helps any, I know the vast majority of 3rd party airports work just fine with FTX Global... In fact most 3rd party airports enhance Global massively so I would expect things to be just fine... FTX Global is not a full region, and the Iceland demo is just Global with new vector and landclass data... So also not a full region. The only thing that might happen is that some 3rd party airports have a colour palette designed for FSX default... so the colours may look a bit "washed out" compared to the surrounding Global textures... This is however purely a guess from previous discussions on this forum.

At the end of the day, the Iceland demo is FREE, so feel free to download it and see for yourself... If you don't like it, or it doesn't work with Keflavix X as you hoped, then you haven't lost anything (except maybe some download bandwidth ;) )

The demo installs everything in the small (!) Area of Iceland (global - for those that don't have it, vector, open LC and the fs global 2010 mesh)... You could however just disable the mesh, vector and open LC in your scenery library manually, just leaving default fsx with Global textures...

The purpose of the demo is to showcase just what to expect when all the products come together as a whole...

Great answer, thanks Rob      Howard

Again: Is the Ice land demo compatible with the airport scenery Keflavik X from Aerosoft?

Rob, our demo and the Aerosoft product do the exact same thing: create a landclass based scenery and vector for Iceland. You will have to disable the AS Iceland X in your scenery library to avoid conflict. However, there may be a way to keep the AS enhanced airports which come with their scenery by keeping them active; we'll investigate this for you.

In all honesty we did not realise their was even an Aerosoft Iceland X product when we decided to use Iceland as the demo area. It was chosen because it is a small sized area, a complete country and we are able to annexe all the three +1 components (FTXG, LC, Vector, +Mesh) into a single demo.

Rob, our demo and the Aerosoft product do the exact same thing: create a landclass based scenery and vector for Iceland. You will have to disable the AS Iceland X in your scenery library to avoid conflict. However, there may be a way to keep the AS enhanced airports which come with their scenery by keeping them active; we'll investigate this for you.

In all honesty we did not realise their was even an Aerosoft Iceland X product when we decided to use Iceland as the demo area. It was chosen because it is a small sized area, a complete country and we are able to annexe all the three +1 components (FTXG, LC, Vector, +Mesh) into a single demo.

+1

Glad you chose to do Iceland in a all in one demo John, can't wait to compare my July photos to Iceland on your version!

there may be a way to keep the AS enhanced airports which come with their scenery by keeping them active; we'll investigate this for you.

John and Rob, thanks very much for answering my question. To be complete (FYI)  Kevlavik X is standalone sold separately airport scenery (which is also included in Iceland X)  

Will this fantastic demo be released before the end of the month?.

I read somewhere in these threads that it's scheduled for the end of October. JV or Rob correct me if I'm wrong 

John and Rob, thanks very much for answering my question. To be complete (FYI)  Kevlavik X is standalone sold separately airport scenery (which is also included in Iceland X)  

I read somewhere in these threads that it's scheduled for the end of October. JV or Rob correct me if I'm wrong 

Excellent thanks for the info. Looking forward to this release demo

Regards

Keith

Amazing! fantastic! stunning! would have jumped on this even if it was payware. I posted in a couple of other threads. This is truly an early Christmas gift. Iceland is my birthplace and home for over 13 years. The landscape is stunning, barren, and beautiful. The real landscape is mostly devoid of trees, just like it is in reality. My only quibble is the missing national Lutheran Church of Hallgrimskirkja. It literally dominates the skyline of Reykjavik. Any plans to add this in a future patch?. Again, I realize its freeware and it blows away payware scenery of Iceland by a large marging. I dare say this showcases what is possible with FTX Global + LC + Vector in the best way possible. Kindest regards

Archived