Help! nothing change [FTXGlobal]

kanneth7

I bought orbx global for a couple of days ago. after installing orbx global and start FSX it absulutt no change from the normal FSX texture. I have also installed patch 1.10 from orbx. I have followed the manual carefully but without success. I have searched around for various forums, but it announced like no one has the same problem as me. it is also much talk about FTX central. but I've only orbx global installed on my computer. have net framework 4.5 installed.

Iam gratefull for any help

Ok! I got FTX central  via orbx library + free scenery by orbx. I have uninstalled global, and then reinstalled again. I can not find the  orbx global in ftx  central, as shown in the manual. but I find orbx folder in FSX main folder

So what do you see in the FTX Central on your desktop? Which buttons? Does it show the "Default" button? The procedure should be as follows: 1. install your free scenery; 2. install FTX Global (which you apparently did - did you make a backup of your original FSX textures, when prompted?); 3. install the FTX Global patch; 4. install ORBX latest library (always after installing anything).

BTW - which textures are you seeing now? The default MS FSX textures or the FTX Global ones? FTX Global just replaces the original MS FSX textures.

I,m having a similar problem. i've had mine for a while now and didn't realise it does nothing until I saw another guys sim and it has my local airport (YKAT) and mine does not. Plus his terrain is awesome and mine is crap. Even after going thru the FTX settings verbatim.

I,m very disappointed that paying money just means you still have to be a computer technician to make things work

Thousands of people have installed without assistance from a "computer technician". Most problems that do arise are unique issues pertaining to that person's install and other add ons that they have.

Now, considering that you have paid money, could you please share with us your order number and start your own support thread. Thanks.

I followed your instructions and when I start FTX central  I get the following message

Unhandled exception has occurred in youre application . if  you click continue, the application will ignore this error and atempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediatley.

I click continue, and ftx central said loading, and nothing happend

Some basic troubleshooting advice for installing Orbx products (or any FSX addons) follows:

Ensure the following:

1. You are using an Administrator account on your PC.
  2. If using Windows Vista or newer, User Account Control (UAC) is disabled.
  3. FSX is not installed in the default location (i.e. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X), but is instead installed outside of the \Program Files\ directory (i.e. "C:\FSX\" or "C:\Flight Simulator X\")

When installing FTX Global (or any FSX Addon):

1. Run the installer as the Administrator by right-clicking on the product installer and select "Run as Administrator"

Please ensure that the above is correct, especially that you are using an Administrator account, have UAC disabled, FSX is not installed in Program Files, and you ran the Global installer as the Administrator. These are VERY important, and if not correct, can lead to a bad or incorrect installation.

I followed your instructions and when I start FTX central  I get the following message

Unhandled exception has occurred in youre application . if  you click continue, the application will ignore this error and atempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediatley.

Some basic troubleshooting advice for installing Orbx products (or any FSX addons) follows:

Ensure the following:

If using Windows Vista or newer, User Account Control (UAC) is disabled.

FSX is not installed in the default location (i.e. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X), but is instead installed outside of the \Program Files\ directory (i.e. "C:\FSX\" or "C:\Flight Simulator X\")

1. Run the installer as the Administrator by right-clicking on the product installer and select "Run as Administrator"

Please ensure that the above is correct, especially that you are using an Administrator account, have UAC disabled, FSX is not installed in Program Files, and you ran the Global installer as the Administrator. These are VERY important, and if not correct, can lead to a bad or incorrect installation.

I had FSX installed in C:\FSX, not the default, and I used "Run as Administrator" for everything, all was good for a while, then......

A few weeks ago, I had the same error.  But, my error message showed up a long time after I had installed FTX Global, update 1.1, object libs, etc.  One day, I decided to fly in just the North America region, went into FTX Central, selected North America, and everything was fine.  Then, the next day I decided to switch back to FTX Global, and I got the error.  Keep in mind, I hadn't installed anything new, I just switched regions in FTX Central. 

Well, if you look within that error message you will find the error is talking about "JIT debugging" errors.  My conclusion is, it has nothing to do with FTX Global, or any other Orbx product.  My opinion, it was due from an update, or a bad update for MS .NET Frameworks.  I've had Windows/Microsoft Updates downloaded and installed, and I've had some updates not install properly.  It would state that the update "Failed", or something like that.  Sometimes I wander about those updates.

I should've experimented by uninstalling .Net Frameworks, and reinstalling, however, I didn't because my mind was set to do the following:  (I do this about three times a year anyway)

I set my computer back to factory default, reinstalled everything, and everything works just fine.  I've all my Orbx products installed and have not had an error since.  I did this about three weeks ago.

Hope you get it fixed.

Rod

Ensure the following:

If using Windows Vista or newer, User Account Control (UAC) is disabled.

FSX is not installed in the default location (i.e. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X), but is instead installed outside of the \Program Files\ directory (i.e. "C:\FSX\" or "C:\Flight Simulator X\")

Please ensure that the above is correct, especially that you are using an Administrator account, have UAC disabled, FSX is not installed in Program Files, and you ran the Global installer as the Administrator. These are VERY important, and if not correct, can lead to a bad or incorrect installation

I have done everything in youre step by step guide. Did not work!  orbx global i located in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. when i start install guide orbx choose this folder automatically, and it is not possible to change the folder.

If this happens it can suggest that elements of the original installation that it is looking for are not there.

Can you post some more details of what the unhandled exception is.

Regards,

Nick

I have done everything in youre step by step guide. Did not work!  orbx global i located in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. when i start install guide orbx choose this folder automatically, and it is not possible to change the folder.

Ok, well this sheds some light on your problem then!

The Orbx installer points to where the Windows Registry says the FSX is installed. Therefore, at some point your FSX was installed in the directory that the installer put Global during installation.

There are two ways to fix this situation:

1. You can use a utility such as this one: http://tweakfs.com/download/fsx_reg_utility.zip  to change where the Windows Registry says your FSX is installed. Simply run the utility and set the FSX directory to your current directory.

2. Uninstall and reinstall FSX in a directory outside of the \Program Files (x86)\ directory.

Once you have fixed the Windows Registry FSX entry, conduct an installation of Global and all should be well.

It's important that you fix this not only for FTX Global, but for all the other third-party installers and utilities that use the Registry to point to FSX (such as FSUIPC).  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived