Has Bill Womack left the Team?

wolfko

Yes Bill moved interstate earlier this year and after that we discussed his focus and the sort of projects he'd like to do. He decided he wanted to head in a different direction than what Orbx generally was doing so we parted company amicably. I do appreciate the fine work he did for Orbx and we'll continue to publish his three airports for him. I am sure his new venture iBlueYonder will be a success, because he's a true artist.

As for NEM that region is still a long way out for the NA regions team. Bill will likely release his planned NEM-area airports as stand-alone works for default FSX and perhaps even a version for the FTX Global palette, not sure, that's up to him.

This is not the first or last time developers have left the Orbx team, it does happen from time to time and it has more to do with people's circumstances rather than any falling out with Orbx management.

Bummer.  Happy for Bill though, I suppose.  Kinda wonder if he will enjoy running his own gig; I imagine that can eat up more time than just building and creating.

So NEM is still on track and moving forward?  At least for 2014?

No how did you derive that conclusion from my post above? The exact opposite is true. NEM is not being worked on nor is it planned for the foreseeable future.

I derived it from the phrase "still a long way out".  To me this implied that it would be happening no time soon, but still it is somewhere way out there on the horizon.  Apparently not the case.  It is a sad day. 

Archived