Yes ! I can...

amentiba

But should you?

Bet that gave the tourists something to write home about... ;)

Cheers

Mallard

Keep my fingers crossed you get the bird out of the sound also... Or you need to add a static object to your scenery  ;D.

he he !

i'm glad thoses pictures inspire your mind, boys ;)

Fortunatly, this is simulation, not reality :D

Thanks for watching :)

Ah, but did you stop on the tarmac?  ;)

But how many attempts ? . Inquiring minds would like to know . ??? ???

Cheers

Brad

One attempt ends in the river, 2 other retries far in the grass, 1 more attempt ends early in the grass. It seems that the flaps help me too much to stay upside the runway and that i was targetting a wrong and too high speed.

The first three pictures you watch are taken from thoses attempts

The last one was the good one, i've used the air brake, flaps and the gear to brake the plane, staying at very low altitude playing with the throttle to maintain a relative speed of 200/220 knots. The plane was still heavy so it's not easy to catch the speed perfectly. At the end, throttle at 0, speed 180/160 flaps retracted first to help to touch the ground, applying brakes, extract again the flaps to brake more and make a montruous skid on the left because i still was about 80 knots arriving at the end of the runway. I was lucky to enter the taxiway with all wheels !!! ;)

Will try to take of, normaly the F-14 has enought power, it is probably possible.

Archived