Global flight legs 34-35 South Africa

ShawnG

nothing very profound to say here.  scenery is FTXG textures over the freeware Aeroworx scenery (not a wholehearted endorsement, some places look very, very good,  some don't, particularly from 30,000 feet, but it's free, and adds lots of stuff to this region)  I did the flight on the 50th anniversary of the 'I have a dream' speech, and it was somewhat uplifting to be in the place where apartheid was defeated.

Maun to Cape Town

g8Tk9.jpg

rMmTy.jpg

ZYpH.jpg

ifhd1.jpg

Nmi07.jpg

PxLMD.jpg

5VJOv.jpg

Cape Town to Johannesburg

qM9r5.jpg

ZbTYn.jpg

EMJaO.jpg

fGMYm.jpg

alOF2.jpg

vVgDl.jpg

PA5FO.jpg

fMHQ5.jpg

LtA5a.jpg

jeR8Y.jpg

wUobH.jpg

well, I have all of the freeware Aeroworx scenery installed.  there's many many parts that need to be installed, so it's a bit of a chore,  but if you want to fly in SA, it's currently the best option  for d/l links and sequence look here: http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=103490   It seems to me that I have more parts than is described in that post, so It could be that some airports and such were dropped, or are no longer available,  but that should get you started.  It has its own mesh, landclass and vector data.

well, I have all of the freeware Aeroworx scenery installed.  there's many many parts that need to be installed, so it's a bit of a chore,  but if you want to fly in SA, it's currently the best option  for d/l links and sequence look here: http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=103490   It seems to me that I have more parts than is described in that post, so It could be that some airports and such were dropped, or are no longer available,  but that should get you started.  It has its own mesh, landclass and vector data.

Thanks Shawn, much appreciated, I had seen their scenery before and was in honesty somewhat scared and confused as to what to install and what order, however that initial forum post helps a lot.

Best,

Fraser

Archived