Isle of Mann

Sven

Just curious, is the Isle of Mann going to be modeled? Flew over it on the way to Belfast figured it must be part of Ireland. But I googled and it seems be part of the UK. Yet the new banner indicates UK finished. Pardon this ignorant American on my lack of knowledge of this region, but I'm learning ...

Sven 

If I remember correctly John said that the IOM wasn't going to be done because another developer has already wrapped up their own version, although I've forgotten who it was specifically.

EDIT* - I believe it was produced by EarthSimulations but I'm not certain.

And stunning it is too. It only covers a relatively small area but in incredible detail. You need a powerful machine to max out everything but it can be tuned to suit your hardware.

I have all the ES products and use them with both FTX-EU and UK VFR scenery. They work well with both products and ES have compatibility versions for core FSX files to work alongside FTX regions.

Thoroughly recommended - check out earthsimulations.com

Anything by Earth Simulations is well worth your money. Their work is absolutely world class and really pushes the boundaries of FSX forward. Individually modelled and placed objects (and by that, I mean every tree, house, building etc), high resolution seasonal photoreal, custom soundscapes, visual effects, seasonal changes to activity across the year and all kinds of subtle and clever details.

They are only a small company but are as revolutionary as Orbx in a different way. I believe that JV is a great admirer of Earth Simulations.

Another recommendation for their new Isle of Man scenery here. It may be only a small geographical area but it has four airfields and ten heliports, all modelled. You can easily lose a few hours just flying around exploring an Earth Simulations' territory or marvelling at the views out of the window. Just like Orbx in fact.

Hope that helps,

Ade

Archived