FTX Global P3D - KSEA-KPAE old is New....I will miss FTX PNW

Airwolf

After gzillion P3D tweaks (they are different from FSX), I have finally got it running super smooth with keeping VAS in check.  My QW-146 takes biggest VAS space when it is loaded - so I was able to stress test FTX Global on my system quite nicely.

My Specs

i5-750 - Oced to 4.1Ghz (Yes, it is old)

ATI - 6970 - Eyefinity 3 Screen Resolution 6048x1200 (P3D Runs in Windowed Mode).

8GB Ram

Samsung 256GB 830 SSD

Rex Overdrive

OpusFSX for Weather/DHM

Main P3D Settings (I will share few more P3D tricks later....)

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

[sCENERY]
LENSFLARE=0
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=16
GADensity=16
FreewayDensity=10
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=16
LeisureBoatsDensity=16
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=5.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

I just can not go back to PNW - I am unable to get this amazing level of performance as I have with FTXG, and yes I know it is texture replacement only...being able to have dense Autogen, and traffic on roads!!!! with no blurries - is amazing...

Lets not forget about those 3D Lights - they win and Orbx Team you have to tell me on how to get those city lights on vector roads (without the use vector lights to prevent FPS hit - there has to be a way)....

These lights are just breathtaking for me....scenery has never been this good (can't wait for LC updates etc).

Anyway Enjoy the screenshots in Massive WideScreen Mode

ouw6.jpg

Look I have Cars!!!!

Cdk69.jpg

cEzMj.jpg

I Love these 3D lights....So amazing!!!!!

IbGxX.jpg

YgFaJ.jpg

I for the first time noticed the reflection of strobe lights on the runway....I was floored by that detail...I am sure that has to rex textures, and LOD 5.5

aoOWQ.jpg

16s3v.jpg

Just look at the detail sharpness

IroyJ.jpg

Again...look at the cars!!!....

FKAa.jpg

Thanks Airwolf for the great post . I will try out your P3D settings on my rig today . I even have a older rig than yours , but it takes great screenshots and that is what I enjoy doing . In looking at your fantastic shots around Seatac , FTXG looks like the way to go .

Cheers

Brad

Thanks, I am glad you all are liking the screenshots.

There are few more performance tweaks, will post them in a different thread as it is explicitly for P3D....but for now Keep LOD at 5.5, and reduce your texture max load to 1024.  That should leave you with enough free VAS space to have a complex aircrafts and addons...

FSX LOD defaults at 4.5 max, and P3D at 6.5.  And 5.5 in P3D is the sweet spot...

Stay tuned...

I tried the new settings on my P3D and flew out of KSEA with just Global running . Amazing results with no stutters and FPS never dropped below 20 . Thanks Airwolf for your

contribution's to our forum .

Cheers

Brad

Archived