Thinking of a turbo prop... would you recommend the Majestic Dash?

Vonduck

Hi guys,

Feel like a wee break form my A320 for a bit... thinking of the Majestic Dash for a different feel.. is this one worth it or better to get the Twin Otter from Aerosoft?

Cheers guys

Doug

Oh mate.  You've just named two of the best add-ons released recently.  I have both and they are amazing.

For some of your longer, commuter style flights the Majestic D8 is superb.  Go get it.

For your bush flying the service packs are now out for Tundra and Floats for the Twin Otter.  Go get it.

Sorry mate but I can't separate them only because I enjoy GA Bush, GA Touring, Tubeliner and Commuter flights.

Anyways maybe it helps you.  See how you go.

I got both as well, but for flying lower & slower to enjoy all my Orbx regions, I would suggest getting the Twotter...Wheels, Tundra, Floats plus Amphibian and Ski on the way...you are going to be able to get into some really awesome areas with the Twotter.

For me the Dash is an awesome regional, but the Twotter is fun, fun,fun :)

Gidday Doug

I have been flying the Flight 1 ATR for FSX for about 2 years now,

Its great and plenty of liveries..but pretty old addon now,and doesnt compare to this new generation we have now..so its good but

dont expect anything too fancy

i am going to get the Majestic Dash in the next week or so i think

cheers Stu

ps..Go the Blacks !!

Thanks guys! Great feedback!

I guess i need to figure out what and where i want to fly...hmmmmmmmmmmmm... not really a bush man to be honest so maybe the commuter would be better for my needs...

Will let you know how i get on!

Thanks again!

Doug

Same impression here. I think the Q400 is the bomb and I would suggest the Twin Otter for going low and slow or to really small and/or tricky airports. Don't get me wrong, I think the new Twotter rendition is great but I'd also say that it covers another spectrum.

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

Just to add my own 2 cents to the conversation, I too would recommend the Majestic Q400... I'm actually a dash driver in real life, so take it from me, with the exception of a few very minor things, it models everything down to the finest detail... I actually use it to practice flows and company routes (in Orbx PNW of course!) and it's amazingly close to reality.

Be warned though, it is VERY realistic and not too forgiving... It flies great, but it demands a good knowledge of the aircraft systems and procedures. Without that, it can be a bit daunting. Luckily, the Majestic site has a lot of good info and resources to help in that regard.

It's also an amazingly detailed plane (every switch does exactly what it is supposed to do, again with one or two minor exceptions) which looks wonderful... And surprisingly has frame rates just about as good as the FSX default stock planes!

It's also a performer... Cruising at 270Kts anywhere up to FL250, or approaching at 120Kts to a short strip in a canyon... With 10,000 horses pulling you along it's got some versatility for sure!

If you can't tell, I'm a fan ;) I may be a bit biased though!

In my opinion the MJC8 is the best turboprop simulation ever for flightsimming. It is flown like an airliner but requires much more work than a Boeing or Airbus.The prop animations and the whole sound scheme is fantastic.

I enjoyed watching Foogle Pete's videos on the Dash and they are a good help for a newbie on the plane. Search YouTube for: Frooglesim

I don't fly tubeliners much, mainly because I hate being limited to cities with low frame rates. But the Dash 8 is different. The performance (i.e. frame rate) of this plane is second to none, opening the door to placesI could never fly into previously. And considering the complexity of the systems modelled and the detail of the graphics, this is more than surprising. It's downright uncanny. For my purposes, this plane is a better buy than than the PMDG 737NGX.

Buy it. Buy it now!

Cheers,

Noel.

If you want the current state of the art in turboprop simulation, there is no way past the Majestic Q400. Even in its "light" Pilots' edition, it is a nigh-on total simulation of the everyday non-failure oriented running of the aircraft. Total immersion of sounds, feel... I have only ever sat in the back of one a few times, so I cannot comment on accuracy of the FDE, but there are enough real-world Q400 pilots on the Net that think it has hit the mark...

You won't regret it...

A

I second most of the posts here!

I like the Dash Q400 very much! A great add-on!

I'd very highly recommend it too!

But maybe also have a look at the latest Flight 1 B200 King Air!

It is a great Turbo Prob add-on as well.

There is also a trial version/refund option available as far as i know, so it can be tried out before "ultimately" purchasing it.

Other than that I'd also recommend the Twin Otter Extended - a super gerat plane - and not just for Bush Flying!

Not as fast as the other two aircrafts mentioned here though and You won't get "that high" with it - but - again:

Sure a super great plane as well!

Next to PMDG's great NGX, these three - in my opinion - superb aircraft add-ons are those which i currently use most often while flying in the sim!

:smile:

Well guys... took your advice and got the Dash 8... NOW i understand why all the great comments!

Simply fabulous!

Thanks for all your input!

Well worth the $70NZD!!

Doug,

Glad you picked it up mate.  She's a beaut.

You will enjoy many commuter flights from now on.

Doug,

Glad you picked it up mate.  She's a beaut.

You will enjoy many commuter flights from now on.

Thanks Jas,

She's a beaut alright! Different from the Airbus logic but am enjoying the ability to get into all those little airports now!

The only wee problem i have is with the jerkiness as i sue the DHM with Opus... there has been some comment on this but it still persists... once its sorted then it will be real sweet!

Cheers

Doug

Archived