. Net Framework <=> FTXG Installation issue

vgb

Hello, recently I installed FTX Global in my computer. It seems that the installation was successful, although in the FTX central part something went wrong. When I try to run it I am getting

an error message about .NET. It says: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\cscomp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support". 

I noticed that other people are getting similar errors. Any suggestions.

Hi there :)

I have split off your post for the reason you piggiebacked on a resolved thread, that way your posts tend to get lost or not answered,

As for your problem, to me it seems that you are missing an essential .Net Framework file or files 

As you di not state what type of system you are running it's a bit of a guess but I assume a 64-bit so should be W7 or maybe W8?

so try here and run the .Net Framework installer

First of all thank you for the fast reply.

I tried the installer you suggest but does not work. It says that "the 4.0 .NET Framework or a newer version is already installed" and then it quits.

I am running 64-bit Win7 system.

Maybe it is important to say that the scenery is probably installed correctly except that I am not getting "trees"!! Is this because I could not apply FTX Global as default?

Please help!

Thank you  

Maybe I did not make my self clear. I cannot run FTX Central. I am getting the error message that I wrote before, and although the FTX Central opens, and within a blue box

in the window is written "Copyright Label 1".

Even during the installation of the FTX Global the FTX Central part did not work

just to avoid confusion, you have a Windows 7 issue, you are missing some essential  windows system files on your system.

please be so kind and install this => http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 and then reboot your system

when done that then please be so kind and get the latest full ORBXLIB 130723 file from the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html and install those

Well, it didn't help :(

I run the .NET 4.5 repair program, reboot the computer, downloaded the latest full ORBXLIB 130723, and I run it.

All was normal till at the final window where I have to press finish I got the following error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you continue the application will ignore the error

and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find file "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\kc0hqlin.dll"

When I double-click on the FTX Central icon still get the same blue box.

really sorry to hear of your continued woes there, it has me frustrated as well

I did run various searches on the missing files you quoted, and they are no where to be found so this has me really stumped as normally all known files are traceable via a google search, with these it's a every time it comes up a blank ....very strange.

I may assume that you have Administrator rights and that the User Account Control is turned off,

Could you please set FTX Central to FTX Global and un-tick the check boxes and then hit Apply

then re run the FTX Global installer but right click it and select install as Administrator

I'm sorry but we just have to check all options.

Hi thanks you are back!

As I said before The FTX central does not run properly. I do not see within the window anything but a blue box. I cannot choose anything because there is nothing there.

I'll try to rerun the installer

I looked at the \Temp directory and there are 5 to 6 .dll files dated from 2010 related to directX.

Then I found there a log file from ORBXLIBS Core Setup, and a lot of lines are "skipped".

For posting screenshots please have a look and a read here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

could it be that your DX files are not up to date or maybe corrupted someway ?

I did install the DX9 files available many moons ago and must admit never had these kind of issues have a look at this => http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html 

or download the latest full DX9.0c package => http://www.softwarepatch.com/includes/afterdownload.php?page=windows&id=3&url=http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/4/A/84A35BF1-DAFE-4AE8-82AF-AD2AE20B6B14/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

thank you .......... again :)

OK This time I double click on the FTX central icon and of course I got the .NET error (see at the previous posts) by pressing OK the announcement error from Microsoft .NET Framework is that qchlhaze.dll is missing and the details are following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\qchlhaze.dll'.
File name: 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\qchlhaze.dll'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)
   at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
   at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
   at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.LoadFTX_Last()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.DispSplash()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.FTXC_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FTXCentral
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.6
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.6
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

From the looks of it, you only have .Net version 2 installed.

Suggest you visit http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html and run the tool to see which versions you have installed. FTX Central requires version 4.0

Hello Ed,

following your suggestion I got the following report:

<32Bit>
  ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
  ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

<64Bit>
  ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727
  ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319

< Installed .NET Frameworks >
.NET FW 2.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.5 SP 1
.NET FW 4.5 Client
.NET FW 4.5 Full

and the screenshot is:

E1mR.jpg

It seems to me that I have to required .NET version but I am not sure. Is the .NET 4.5 an upgrade of 4.0 right?

Though .NET 4.0 is not in the list!!

Well maybe that's the problem. From where can I download .NET 4.0?

Thanks

OK I uninstalled .NET 4.5, installed instead .NET 4.0, the error message remained the same. Then, I installed again .NET 4.5. 

What is strange to me is that every time the missing .dll is different.

One more thing. Before I installed FTX Global, I installed REX auto-update and in the manual is written that it installs Microsoft .NET 4.5 & Microsoft SQLLocalDB express.

Is this relevant somehow?

It looks as if you have all the .net files installed.

I am concerned about this entry in your error report

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\qchlhaze.dll

Are you editing the line before you post it or are you

using the name "user" as your username?

If you are not, the installer is looking in a location that doesn't

exist for the files which may be a registry problem?

Regards,

Nick

Wolter, the REX updater was just a guess. The situation is so desperate that anything may be relevant. 

Nick, the directory exists, and "user" was the default name in the computer, I never changed it. That's all.

Now about the registry, I am running daily "Norton utilities" and it scans the registry for errors. Sometimes it finds some and it corrects them.

Guys, as I said before, the behavior seems erratic. Every time a different .dll is missing.

You do seem to have some unusual activity goung on there.

I wonder if you do have a virus at work, your cscomp.dll error can be caused by an infection

and the repeated requests for .dll files with entirely random names is a little worrying.

Also, I do not know enough about FTX products to know whether your "Copyright Label 1"

message is anything to do with them.

You may be able to use some of your Norton utilities to check for an infection but I know nothing of them.

I will not have anything by Norton on any PC since, years ago, one of their products did

more damage than any virus that it was "designed" to combat would have done.

My last suggestion is to download CCleaner from here http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ,

it's free and very effective.

Clean out your registry and try again.

Regards,

Nick.

So now what?

I cleaned the registry, I cleaned all suspicious or problematic files (BTW, FTX Central was one of them), what else I have to do?

The bottom line is that the product does not work. I need some professional help from the developers of FTX Global.

Thank you in advance

VGB,

Please be patient, Wolter IS professional help and has been trouble shooting this issue to try and get a fix worked out for you, but the issue here is not FTX it is with your .NET install and computer.  This is something completely outside of FTX control and it is not changed by anything installed by FTX, so our helping you is purely out of trying to apply common fixes that we have seen occur over the years with other users who have similar systems.  I myself have had the .NET issue and I fixed it by trying many different fixes after googling the specific .NET error.  I cannot recall which one worked, but I know the issue was related to the .NET Version installed.  I would suggest that you do some googling on the .NET issue as I know when I had the same issue, as soon as I got that figured out I no longer had any FTX issues.

Dear Ryan,

first of all I want to apologize, I did not mean that your (as a team) assistance is not professional.

Wolter, I appreciate your efforts to help me and thank you very much for spending your time  trying to assist me.

I meant that maybe I need the help from the developers of the code (maybe the installer of the product). Maybe some certain conditions have to be met in order to install the program properly.

You see, I very much like Orbx work and  products. To my opinion, they are excellent and their quality is first class.

But I am frustrated . I never experienced such errors. The product looks gorgeous, but I cannot enjoy it :( 

I'll be patient

Vas

Hello Nick,

the windows features in my machine looks like that:

tZ1SL.jpg

I wander why I cannot see .NET 4.5 as in your attachment. The .NET 4.5 is installed in my machine, I checked that.

Vas

Vas,

Thanks for the reply.  We just want you to understand that your issue is related to your computer and .net and not related to an Orbx or FTX issue that is causing it.  The issue is that .net is not working correctly on your system and is causing the issues with your FSX/FTX.  We on the team are by no means .net experts, but like I said, I have been through your same issue and fixed in myself, we will continue to try and help, but your issue may be better troubleshot by someone on .net forums versus here.  Once the .net issue is corrected on your system, I would hazard that FTX will work great and you will be able to enjoy the product like our other customers.  We will however try to keep looking for solutions for you in the meantime, but I suggest you try some .net forums as well to look for other users who may have experienced the same issue with .net as you have.

Archived