Error message with FTX Central

rockliffe

I've had this error message pop up every now and then for as long as I can remember. However, after installing FTXG it happens almost all of the time. It appears once I click on a region, but if I close FTX Central and reopen it, then it works. It's not too much of an issue as I have it set on hybrid mode anyway, but I would just like to make sure something unpleasant isn't going on in the background with config files or something similar. Any help as always, appreciated. BTW, I have the latest libs installed. Thanks guys...

stuKh.jpg

There you go Wolter.This is my one.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Flight Sim X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FTXCentral
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.6
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.6
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Flight%20Sim%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
wb6jgzzs
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
uoije4fv

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Flight Sim X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat' is denied.

The parts in bold are the clue to this issue, something is preventing FTXcentral from accessing that location

Couple of things to try:

1 - Right-click the FTXcentral desktop icon and select Properties>>Compatibility>>ensure the 'run this program as an administrator' box is ticked

2 - If you run Antivirus, turn if off (to check), if it is causing this issue, then check your anti-virus documentation for how to exclude the FSX folder from its control

3 - Right-click on your main FSX folder Properties>>Security>>ensure that all the users all have 'full control' to read, write, modify files within the FSX folder

4 - and lastly if all the above fails, ensure UAC is turned [off], to do this hit the windows button, and type in UAC to the search box, then drop the UAC slider to minimum, then reboot PC

Ok fellas.i have tried all suggestions except turning off my anti virus..which is krapasky

None of the others worked..I still get the same error message

I will try turning off anti virus in 5 days..I back to work for 4 days now and won't be simming until next days off,

So will let you know if it was a success then

Stu

Hi guys, well Tim, your suggestion has worked! At least it appears to have done. I've tried starting FTX central a dozen times and it has done so without any problem. Although when I went into properties I couldn't see any option

to run this program as an administrator, what there was was a box to tick which related to compatibility mode. It was unticked and the drop down menu was on Windows XP. I ticked the box and selected Windows 7 and that seems to have worked. At least as far as I can tell. Cheers fellas, help appreciated.

Hi guys, well Tim, your suggestion has worked! At least it appears to have done. I've tried starting FTX central a dozen times and it has done so without any problem. Although when I went into properties I couldn't see any option

to run this program as an administrator, what there was was a box to tick which related to compatibility mode. It was unticked and the drop down menu was on Windows XP. I ticked the box and selected Windows 7 and that seems to have worked. At least as far as I can tell. Cheers fellas, help appreciated.

Just as a sample.

09-Jul-13_16-15-20.jpg

Archived