FTX Global Blurry

iFlySimX

Sim performance is a tricky business.

With regard to the textures, they are either "there" or they are not, so if they load then they are installed.

Some things to look at:

Rename your fsx.cfg file and let FSX rebuild one for you.  Miscellaneous tweaks are a common cause of inbalance in the sim.  The only tweak I routinely use now is HIMEMFIX = 1

Ensure that any virus / malware / backup / indexing services are not tying up your HDD or scanning fsx folders.  (Exclude the FSX folders in virus software or disable it)

Consider defragging your HDD if not using an SSD.

Sim performance is a tricky business.

With regard to the textures, they are either "there" or they are not, so if they load then they are installed.

Some things to look at:

Rename your fsx.cfg file and let FSX rebuild one for you.  Miscellaneous tweaks are a common cause of inbalance in the sim.  The only tweak I routinely use now is HIMEMFIX = 1

Ensure that any virus / malware / backup / indexing services are not tying up your HDD or scanning fsx folders.  (Exclude the FSX folders in virus software or disable it)

Consider defragging your HDD if not using an SSD.

Yep I have HIMEMFIX = 1 and I do not have any antivirus or anything....

I have the same issue. While im flying its all blurry down on the ground. Ive tried everything but doesnt work.. anyone knows how to fix it? I only got utx.

Please make a new thread for your issue, and include your purchase order number

Yep I have HIMEMFIX = 1 and I do not have any antivirus or anything....

But did you delete your FSX.cfg and try a fresh new one as Ian suggested?

Hello

yap that is quite normal. It is the same as in real, you wont see any razorsharp details on the ground when lookin out the window. In FSX the textures get more blurry the faster or the higher you fly. And when you use a high detailed aircraft like the Airbus X or PMDG the more work is on the CPU. So dont worry everything is normal. 

Ok so I deleted my FSX.cfg and is it normal for the textures to look like this from flight level 18,000FT? 

This looks pretty standard for 18k, I would expect about the same level of crispness as what you see, but its hard to tell without knowing your LOD (Level of detail radius) setting and your screen zoom level

OK, for we start getting overexcited, let's get some basic information first.

1. Could you please be so kind and share the specs of your system with us

2. Could you kindly add the Coordinates, Altitude, heading, weather and other relevant data so we could be able to recreate the situation where you where and when

3. Could you kindly share with us which other mayor addons, like REX, UTX, GEX you have installed ? 

to me it looks like a haze and not knowing what your settings where at the time the screenie is made, my first impression would be a limited visibility

Please try this,

Go to Start and in the search box paste this ''%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\FSX'' 

Open Fsx folder

In the Fsx folder you will see more than one Scenery.cfg. Just make sure you open main scenery.cfg using notepad.

Under [Area.001] make sure you have ''Texture_ID=1'' if not that copy and paste under [Area.001]

It would look like this,

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

For some reason I do not know why ''Texture_ID=1'' gets deleted in scenery.cfg when Installing a new add-on and that makes it blurry. 

OK, for we start getting overexcited, let's get some basic information first.

1. Could you please be so kind and share the specs of your system with us

2. Could you kindly add the Coordinates, Altitude, heading, weather and other relevant data so we could be able to recreate the situation where you where and when

3. Could you kindly share with us which other mayor addons, like REX, UTX, GEX you have installed ? 

to me it looks like a haze and not knowing what your settings where at the time the screenie is made, my first impression would be a limited visibility

Thanks for your help everyone :) Here you go.

1) 3.4GHz - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge

8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

GeForce GTX 670 - FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5

2) Don't remember exactly where I was. I do run ActiveSky 2012

3) On REX for the textures for ActiveSky 2012.

4) LOD_Radius=4.5

Thanks again everyone!

Just my contribution, try it, even if it takes you some time to configure everything:

After you let FSX rebuild your FSX.cfg, use those settings:

Graphics:
- set your screen resolution correctly, use 32bit.

- target frame rate: 30
- activate trilinear filtering, no antialiasing
- global texture resolution: max
- DX10 off (if you want DX10, use the guide of Paul over at avsim)
- lens flare on
- light bloom off
- advanced animations on

aircraft:
- 3D panel or 2D panel as you prefer

- high resolution 3D cockpit on
- 2D panel transparency off
- no tooltips
- aircraft casts shadow on ground as desired (AI traffic dependant, ideally off)
- aircraft casts shadow on itself off
- landinglights on

scenery:
- detail radius: large
- mesh complexity: 100
- mesh resolution: 10m
- texture resolution: 7cm
- water effects: low 2.x
- land detail textures on
- scenery complexity: extremly dense
- autogen density: dense
- Ground scenery shadows: off
- special effect details: high

weather:
via pulldown, select "ultrahigh"
- thermal visualization: natural
- detailed clouds and cloud coverage density: maximum
- Simulation settings: according to your needs, if external weather tool used, everything off

traffic:
- airline traffic density and general aviation density depending on your needs, do not exceed 59%
- airport vehicle density: as you wish, on AES supported airports, this should be 0%
- aircraft labels: as you wish
- road vehicles: max 7%
- ships and ferries: max 15%
- leisure boats: max 15%

Thats it for the settings within FSX. Now you can tune your FSX.cfg. Add those lines in the corresponding section (indicated):

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

[Main]
DisablePreload=1

[Display]
WideViewAspect=true

if you have a 16:10 or a 16:9 monitor. Otherwise you can skip this line.

[Display]

Texture_Bandwith_Mult=120

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

Thats all. You can also try it without the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION line first, this value needs some tuning, FSX default is 0.33.

Now, your almost done. Download the current nVidia Inspector and use those settings here:

- Antialiasing behaviour flags: none
- Antialiasing Mode: override any application setting
- Antialiasing Setting: 8xS
- Anisotropic filtering mode: User-defined/Off
- Anisotropic filtering setting: 16x
- Texture filtering - negative LOD BIAS: clamp
- Texture filtering - Quality: High quality
- Multi-Display/mixed-GPU acceleration: single display performance mode
- Power managment mode: prefer maximum performance
- Vertical Sync Tear control: standard
- Vertical Sync: 1/2 refresh rate

That's it. Now, fire up FSX and be amazed about the smoothness of the display. This is a collection of tweaks and tipps I finally found to work best for my computer, which has basically the same specs as yours (3570K, 8GB RAM, GTX670). Most of them are from Nick Needham over at simforums. That's why I am pretty sure, that it will work for you as well.

Regarding the blurry display: even with "my" settings, you will see them. But they will be further away from your plane due to the increased LOD_RADIUS. You can go up to 9.5 there, but this will really drain performance.

Archived