Does any know what happened here? Pic of HI area

rlkjmt73

Anyone,

I have UTXUSA, and FTXGLOBAL, along with the other ORBX sceneries I have, installed on my computer.  I decided to fly around Hawaii, and this is what I found.  This pic was taken, I think, west of Pearl Harbor.

Land textures mixed with water textures.  There was also land textures in the ocean, close to the beach.  Is there something I may have done wrong, or would this be a UTXUSA problem, or what.  Can anyone assist? 

My FTX Central was set at FTX Global, Use Orbx Trees checked, Hybrid Mode checked, and Vector Road Lights checked.

Thanks

Rod

PearlHarborarea_zps9094e474.png

I know when I am flying in area's of just global scenery like Hawaii , I leave Hybrid mode off . I flew around Maui this evening with no issues . Hope you figure it out Rod .

Brad

hmmmm,found atlantis? 8)

maybee cheek priority in scenery insertpoints...............

Thanks for the quick reply Ralf.

I have UTX below all the FTX sceneries and at the top I have ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1 and underneath that one is ORBX!OPENLC_BASE.  I had deactivated UTX and it was still there.  I'll go fly there with UTX deactivated again, and see if I have the same issue.

Again, thanks for the quick reply.

Rod

I know when I am flying in area's of just global scenery like Hawaii , I leave Hybrid mode off . I flew around Maui this evening with no issues . Hope you figure it out Rod .

Brad

Thanks Brad,

I'll try it with Hybrid off.  That might be the culprit.

Rod

Ralf,

Nope...no scenery of any kind in Hawaii.  Matter of a fact, the only scenery addons I have is ORBX scenery, and then UTX USA, and UT Alaska X.

Thanks for asking and trying to assist.

Rod

Ralf,

Nope...no scenery of any kind in Hawaii.  Matter of a fact, the only scenery addons I have is ORBX scenery, and then UTX USA, and UT Alaska X.

Thanks for asking and trying to assist.

Rod

i have the same in noeway,and solve it with changing insertpoints,maybee change your for test............

Ralf,

I guess it wouldn't hurt to experiment a little.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll write down what I have now, so I can put everything back the way it was if something goes wrong.  As of now, everything in the North America and Europe areas look great.

Thanks again.

Rod

I've spent the last, almost, hour changing the scenery configuration with no luck.  It's still the same.  Oh well, I'll stay on the main land of N. America and Europe.  May have to adventure to East and West Asia though. 

Rod

Not quite my department, but after discussion with Tim, it looks like a corrupt terrain.cfg or lclookup file may be the problem.

Have either of these files been altered or do you have any other scenery (anywhere in the world) that might have altered either of these two global FSX files.

Any addon mesh installed?

Nothing installed except Orbx, UTX USA, and UT Alaska X.

Cycling FTXCentral to Default, and apply, then back to Hybrid and apply should check the custom terrain.cfg entries.

Could you try that and report back, please?

Thanks, but no luck.  I think I've cycled every way possible and no changes.  Also, this is the only place, in the world, I've seen this.  I've flown in the Finland, Norway, England, and Alaska areas and haven't had this happen.  Also, on your prior post, you asked if the terrain.cfg or iclookup.bgl files have been altered or if there is other scenery that may have altered them.  I have no idea if the orbx or utx scenery altered them as they're the only ones I have installed, and I surely didn't as I wouldn't know how.  How would I know, and if they were, how can I put them back to their original state?

Where is the iclookup.bgl file located?  When installing FTX Global, is there a new iclookup.bgl file installed too?

Thanks for trying to assist.

Rod

Well, I re-installed FTX Global.....NO LUCK.  I really don't want to uninstall and re-install FSX, since I don't see this problem anywhere else I fly.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is, or a fix?

Rod

Hi Rod,

from your screenshot it seems that the issue is restricted to open water, which indicates that there's an issue either with the waterclass file (which tells the sim where to place which type of water texture) or the water textures themselves, probably the latter. If specific texture files are missing then the sim substitutes them with random textures. 

Sort your \Scenery\World\Texture folder by Type then look for .bmp files that start with "3". There should be 180 .bmp files from 301b2su1.bmp to 360b2su1.bmp.

FTX Global doesn't affect waterclass or textures so this isn't something that would be fixed by uninstalling or re-installing it. I've also checked with UTX USA and its waterclass files are OK as well around Maui..

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger......I'll check it out.  I'll report back when completed to tell you my findings.

Rod

I only have 148 of those .bmp files.  I'm missing some.......I wonder how that happened.

Rod

Hi Rod,

dunno, you may have deleted them accidentally or else some overzealous uninstaller app...

If you can't find backup copies of those default files send me a PM with your email address and I'll zip up the set for you. Don't use the FSX repair tool because it usually does more harm than good.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks a million Holger.  PM has been sent.  I have no idea how they became missing as I've never went into that directory, matter of a fact, the only directories I go into are the addon and aircraft directories, and that's not very often. 

I was thinking of uninstalling and re-installing everything, including FSX, tomorrow, but now I'll wait.

FTX/Orbx support is fantastic....Thanks again.

Rod

Holger,

I can't thank you enough.  The .bmp files you sent fixed the problem, and, saved me a lot of time reinstalling FSX and Orbx scenery.

I've got to say it again, the support with Orbx is fantastic.

Rod

Archived