FTX Global / FTX Central overwritten by older products?

jpreou

Vanilla FSX install, no other add-ons except hardware

FTX Global install (sweeeeeet!)

FTX NZNI installed ok (though haven't actually loaded it)

FTX NZSI installed ok (again, didn't actually load FSX)

Installed NZSI Service Pack 2

FTX Central attempted to open at the end of the install but stopped responding.

Killed it, and re-opened from desktop icon 'As Administrator'

Took a while, but eventually opened.

Issue:

Noticed version number during splash screen as FTX Central Version 1.0 Build 1029 October 2012
I have the following icons: Default, Oceania, FTX Global, FTX Global (not sure why I have two for global)
When selecting FTX Global (either one) there is no longer any hybrid mode no longer available or vector lights selection

Advice please.

You will need to reinstall global to revert back to the new FTX Central.

We will be introducing a new Orbxlibs Core installer which is a small download and it contains up to date program files for FTX

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Another quickie; does this mean that in coming months when I get other regions (England, Wales, Scotland and others) that I will have to be constantly re-installing Global to fix the broken Central?

At least until that core installer comes out? (feature request; core installer and libraries auto-update tool please)

We are acutely aware any changes to FTX Central makes all our previous installers 'break' things as it were, so Ed is going to update *all* our FTX region installers, airport installers and of course Orbxlibs so they we minimise disruption. Please bear with us during this transition period while we do this.

Once that process is finished, FSS customers can re-download any or all of their installers to have the latest builds, or choose to just install the latest Orbxlibs or the new Orbx Core installer to patch older products.

Hi I have the same problem I did a fresh install of fsx  and started from scratch installed  FTXG and what a change to the default scenery wow . 

And after doing a flight with the new ftxg I decided to put all my other orbx  scenery on .

Put ftx aublue Australia on finished  installing and a new ftx  central replaced the one from ftxg and now  I have DEFAULT FSX , AUSRALIA ,FTX GLOBAL , FTX GLOBAL in my ftx central .

I will remove ftx Global and Australia  and start again and put all the other orbx areas on first and then install ftx global last .

I think there will be a few that have the same problem because I have seen  a few people on the forum have done the same as me started from scratch with fsx with out any ftx areas on fsx .

Further to my previous issue, it now appears I no longer have a default button in FTX Central.. I have Australia, I have FTX Global and that's it. I'm now biting the bullet and uninstalling FSX and the FTX software and starting again. :(  Ah well...  not to worry, system could do with a clean.

Further to my previous issue, it now appears I no longer have a default button in FTX Central.. I have Australia, I have FTX Global and that's it. I'm now biting the bullet and uninstalling FSX and the FTX software and starting again. :(  Ah well...  not to worry, system could do with a clean.

That's how it's supposed to be... FTX Global REPLACES FSX default!

Thanks Guys, I intend to simply pursue my current course of re-installing AUS and airports and then dropping Global back over the top, hoping that in a short while a new Central / core / libs will get released to fix Central.

No problem. Global certainly made a difference to vanilla FSX New Zealand, but even so is still not a patch on the full FTX regions.

I did another post last night showing the difference on the same screens and today some time will try to add the same FTX region screens (NZNI / NZSI / Milford Sound) showing the ORBX evolution from vanilla - global - region - airport.

Thanks again, eagerly await the fix, but I can tell you I certainly don't want to be re-downloading all the region / airport packages, copying to archive, burning to DVD, etc, etc. A post-fix would be best, if possible.

Hi Guys, just letting you know that I downloaded and installed the newly released ORBX libraries and core files version 130723 and FTX Central is now fixed.

I haven't yet run FSX to determine that everything else is ok, but I will open a separate thread if I find any issues.

Thanks for the fix :)

Archived