UK Maps

Mr_Yeti101

I am sure many of you already have found this site but thought it worth just mentioning again.

Skyvector give basic aviation maps for all of UK as well as the US so if you are not sure where to fly to and don't have flight planning software this site will help you get the most out of your scenery.

and best of all its at the price I like... free :)

http://skyvector.com/

I know they're not free but Jeppesen's VFR+GPS charts EG1 to 5 have been used as a reference when creating the scenery. You won't find the some of the innumerable closed aerodromes and smaller airfields on England but except for that you should find everything shown in those maps represented in the three UK region FTX sceneries.

Bests,

Sascha

Yeah Plan G is good but can take some setting up if you are using networked computers. Skyvector is just a reference, bit like the old mark one Map/eyeball method of flying without all the fancy GPS stuff and to be honest I use both.

skyvector is a very nice resource to have -- particulaly for those sadistic types that like to build missions for FSX.  One little pagegrab screen shot and you have a ready-to-go aeronautical chart to use in your overview/maps screen -- that makes life easier.  I'll plan around a bit with this today and see if I can make good use of it.  Thank you for that Mr Yeti.

Archived