Boeing Boeing....gone.

domfliss

If you remember correctly, the A380 had some minor problems when first introduced, too. One of them involved an engine exploding in mid-air.

The level of sophistication in aircraft systems today, means that there will always be some teething problems, as we as humans push the boundaries of time and travel versus eco-nomics.

I hardly think the title warrants any real credence. Boeing will be around long after most of us are dead and gone.

Frank

ummmm direct quote from the article that was linked:

"Cancellations and delays are not uncommon, the reliability of this plane is at or above any new airplane the industry has recently introduced."

ummmm direct quote from the article that was linked:

"Cancellations and delays are not uncommon, the reliability of this plane is at or above any new airplane the industry has recently introduced."

Hm,  that's not too hard to achieve, because there was no other airliner of this class intruduced recently. The A380 did it's virgin flight more than 8 years ago and has been in service for nearly 6 years now.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Aren't engines bought by the airlines and maintained by the engine manufacturer, not the airframe manufacturer? And both of the issues you've called up are engine related (by the looks). This is the reason that R-R looked bad when a Trent spat internals through an A380 wing, not Airbus. And who believes half what is in mainstream media about aviation anyway? By the time what really happened comes out, they've moved on to the next scandal. But hey, when you clearly dislike something with a passion, any excuse will do...

LOL, I don't dislike Boeing at all. 

Criminals; yes, but Boeing aircraft......no.  If it happened to Airbus I'd do the same, LOL.

As a matter of fact, I get emails sent to me all the time from Boeing Design Team.  I subscribed to this:

Boeing World Design Team <boeing_wdt@news.newairplane.com>  

Why: I wonder why I did that?  Could it be that I like Boeing aircraft? 

News is news.  You don't have to read it mate.

Have a lovely day :D

G'Day

Archived