Great Hong Kong landing video (HD)

domfliss

Stan (the pilot) has some really nice vids on his channel. There is one where he lands his Canadian Airlines 777 on runway 16L at Kingsford Smith, Sydney.

As a simmer, Stan is an inspiration, although as he quips in the end of his Sydney landing...."it beats having a real job!"

I've done that approach to Sydney so many times, but Stan makes it look effortless, and he's got lots of lives in his hands.

Thanx for finding this, Dom,

Frank

That was really cool!  I have traveled several times through Hong Kong in the last year so it was neat to see that approach from the cockpit.

I know plane-watchers loved Kai-Tak, but as a passenger you are thankful that it was replaced by the new airport without a circus approach!

Am I correct that he disengaged the autopilot with a couple hundred feet to go?

I could watch these ladies and gentlemen land these graceful machines all day long, there's something about watching them that's so relaxing for me. Outstanding video, thanks for sharing it here on the FTX forums. :)

That pilot is actually the owner of that YouTube channel and has some other fantastic video's as well, most of them in 1080p HD! I subscribed.

Indeed, this is a very good video. No problems with the plane and no problems at the touchdown.

The only problem seems to be the captain's nose.   :smile:

Yes Dieter that was what i noticed too right away. Seems that he was a bit under stress. But that is very understandable. Driving 10 or more hours a heavy jet liner from one place on the earth to another and hitting an concrete strip which is 4km long and 60m wide can be a bit stressfull in the last part of the flight.

Anyway nice video and a good location :) Hope he gets not that much of trouble by his company posting such videos.

Archived