FSGenesis world terrain mesh and FTX Global

Tonyla1

Hi All,

I have just purchased FSGenesis world terrain mesh for FSX, which appears to cover the entire world except North America. Can anyone confirm that FSGenesis covers Hawaii? as I note that you can also purchase FSGenesis Alaska-Hawaii world terrain mesh for FSX, along with other individual regions as well.

Also, as I am eagerly awaiting FTX Global, will FSGenesis and possibly FS Genesis - United States Terrain Mesh FSX be all I need mesh wise?

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony ,slightly off topic if you will allow .  I am curious as hell !     I would expect a slight difference betwee Orbx "default" and FSGenesis .....

I am hoping you could do me a favour and take a couple (or more ) screenshots around Wilpena Pound in South Australia . OZx have done a little strip there and loading up with their OZxAirfield Launcher will take you straight there .

or ...Lat: S31* 31.01  LON:E1v38* 37.42  - Wilpena Pound .

Its that circular range of tops right next door . An old extinct volcano . That and around Arkaroola is where the Heart beats in my books.

I too have been investigating mesh and looking at FS Global 2012 . At about 40gb it has to be better . They reckon their cliffs and such are much better . I need to investigate this further, it appears if I  source this from Europe its going to cost me well over $200 ! One Strike for FS Genisis  but knowing there is something better will bug me !!

You can have your tropical resorts . This is the best place....

Hi Guys.

I purchased FS Genesis Global and FS Genesis North America..along with Sieberia,Northern Russia last week in anticipation of Global coming out. 

I havnt trialled it yet...i work in in Virgin Ops as a loadcontroller in Brisbane and work 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off..so no time after work.

I got Sat thru Tues off next week,so i will do alot of shots for everyone...comparrison shots etc....

I know there are alot of peole keen to see them...so keep a look out over the weekend

cheers stu

Looking forward to Stu and that lets Tony off the hook ...phew !! lol

Just a suggestion of the Blue Mountains maybe ( Katoomba) . My personal wish is for high mesh in those deserts of ours highlighting the ridge tops .

Cheers mate.

That doesn't sound too good  .Seems like both meshes have problems . I'll wait till things are sorted or clarified

Thanks Rodi and apologies Tony for diverting the thread.

not sure how to really test it alan....

all i can do is run it in the orbx areas i have...i have them all...but thats not going to look any different is it !!

and if i run it in default mode...its just going to look like default mode with a bit more texture..so not sure how to go about it really.

any ideas ??

stu

Would this work...... Run in orbx mode and you'll see their mesh that comes with the region.....then........ Compare with Fsx default (same area) after having already installed FSGENESIS then we should see he difference between the mesh that comes with the Orbx region and the FSGENESIS mesh?

OK..IM WITH YOU...SO BEST TO PICK A NICE HILLY AREA...LIKE KATOOMBA THAT ALAN SUGGESTED.

SO ONE OF MY SCREENSHOTS WILL BE IN ORBX...OCEANIA...AND THE NEXT WILL BE IN FSX DEFAULT MODE...(BOTH AREAS SELECTED FROM FTX CENTRAL)

OK I AT WORK...ABOUT TO GO HOME.

KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR THE SCREENIES ON SAT MORNING

CHEERS STU

<Mod edit: Please NO caps>

Here's Wilpena Pound again ( I got a thing about it !). Co-ordinates already given and loaded up through OZx Airfield Launcher.

The default mesh looked pretty good. Maybe Holger's mesh is still there but closer inspection shows higher detail within Holger's

Stu, if you take of due Wet 270 you will head straight to the pound and fly along the the ridge with your new mesh installed and we'll just see what we can see .

Default has been improved visually - enb ,Shade and leaking Orbx vegetation ( I think )

Cheers mate

OK , default and standard Orbx - no extras

rmVsL.jpg

UDTZ8.jpg

rKyD5.jpg

2NFrm.jpg

zwfx.jpg

bhlW.jpg

heFXm.jpg

I'm following JV's previous recommendation and waiting until Global is released with some demo areas of openLC before investing in anything.  Been flying with default mesh for years, lets see how Global improves upon it before being too hasty to part with hard earned cash.

...Verdict ?  Well, I went to bed .! As Stu said , he has Saturday to tuesday off so some time during that

I'll wait till release too , also need new larger HD which I might order today ( Momentus )

In my investigations , and I cant remember the details now, but somebody installed some freeware mesh and thought it looked the same as payware . So maybe  check out some of that .

Ok guys...I night shift tonite so got some time this morning.
Here are some comparison shots of straight FSX Default(with FSGenesis) and FTX with FSGenesis) 
A few issues here....
1. I do not know how to disable FSGenesis,so i guess it will always be on my system
2. I got Holger Mesh loaded,so dont really know if what we are looking at is displaying FSgenesis or not !!
3. I dont know if FSGenesis is even working on FTX Landclass areas at all...or if we are just looking atr nornal FTX scenery. 
4. I think the only comparisons that actually will count are when we get our hands on Global...and comparer between someone with FSGenesis loaded and someone who is just running gLOBAL WITHOUT AN ADDON MESH.
Anyway...here are the shots for what they are worth !!

Comparison 1
Default,Wilpena Pound,Aust.
In9UV.jpg

FTX
NWxsi.jpg

Comparison 2
tjyJP.jpg

FTX
6Y49g.jpg

Comparison 3 Katoomba,Aussie

8Oklx.jpg

FTX
oHZqI.jpg

Here are some assorted in FTX that you guts can compare with your own systems to see if they are different 
Katooma Area
ZOIe0.jpg

MH78E.jpg

Wilpena Pound,Aussie
9Bmg.jpg

Ok Guys....there you go 
Cheers Stu

Its a bit difficult to see ! We are too far away but being any closer might not make any difference . 

I believe we are seeing Holger mesh in the default , in both Stu's and mine . I remember seeing a similar thread with befores and after about FSGlobal mesh showing Katoomba Blue Mountains area . The Blue Mountains were completly flat . I cant find it atm .

I guess ,for now anyway, that I will hang back until Global .

We just need to confirm the problems the guys are in the German forum - elevation.

I sorta feel non the wiser after all this !!! ...LOL ..

ok guys...i have now flown out of san francisco,Innsbruk and Kuala lumpur and have experienced no elevation problems like our german friends. 

all was well with airports and scenery all in the right place.

Anyhow..for me...i have FSGen all loaded..so if it makes a great difference or not with FTX global is now a moot point to me..i will just leave it on there...

Figure it is certainely not going to make it worst..but better.

cheers stu

After all that Stu I just went and bought FSGen . At $20 i thought i might as well . Downloading now , which will take a bit of time .

I may take some default before or after out of interest to others .

Yes Tim , one day in the future there may be the "Ultimate mesh " available but we are not that badly off now.

Archived