FTX DVD offer?

Aceshigh

Im looking at the banner for the  FTX $19 DVD offer and thinking.....   I have all the regions bought as they were released, including AURED pre-ordered  last week.

Can I get the DVD for $19 ?   Will I get the $161 discount vouncher when I pick up AUred from my pre-order ?

or do loyal FTX supporters that have been with you from the start miss out?

:(

I've another question.

From what I've read it seems the A$19 DVD will contain more goodies than we've got already from our downloads in which case will we have to uninstall the whole lot and reinstall using the DVD or will it just add/alter the existing if you see what I mean?

John

• 1 month later...

No rush - Feb or March - doesn't matter, John.

We all have Blue, Green, Gold and Red plus HUNDREDS of airports - paid and free - and will be busy running all over the place.

Methinks the Aussie skies are going to get a little crowded .............

Hey, Alex - congrats on being a grandad for the first time.

I'm 63 and mid March my wife of 42 years and I drive to Tassie to welcome number 18 - my youngest son's first boy to his two daughters.

I have 5 children and asked them for 4 grandchildren each  ;D - 3 have met their quotas.

When they do, I tell them the cure to all the begatting is ............ television.  ;)

Question John, kinda confused about this DVD offer still...

For those like me being far away, will all this still be downloadable somehow, since shipping costs will be more than the actual disc, (that and who knows how long shipping)

I just don't want to miss out on anything available to those that have a physical disc.

Thanks, Dave

Question John, kinda confused about this DVD offer still...

For those like me being far away, will all this still be downloadable somehow, since shipping costs will be more than the actual disc, (that and who knows how long shipping)

I just don't want to miss out on anything available to those that have a physical disc.

Thanks, Dave

I think it's a little too early to talk about 'offers' etc. We kept our prices at $30 for all of December, and YMML was reduced from 69.95 to 30.00 so I think for now we're all out of benelovance and generousity. You will see a steady creeping up of our prices in smaller increments until we get to the originally announced new pricing. Until then, let's not talk about offers, discounts and freebies until Orbx begins to make some profit, LOL!

sorry John, I think you may have misunderstood my question.. not talking about any kind of free offer or anything like that, just if the entire contents of the DVD when available will be accessible via download as well.

Again sorry for any mis-communication on my part.

Dave

We have not decided 100% on making the DVD downloadable. It sort of defeats the purpose of the DVD release having a 4.7 GB download doesn't it ;)

You can be assured of two things:

1. You will get a credit back for ALL the FTX AU regions you have previously purchased online

2. Orbx and FSS make no money or profit from shipping, so we'll keep that cost as low as possible.

I think the point of the download was the duty plus vat that would be imposed in some countries could increase the cost significantly on DVD's dispatched to them.  If this is not the case then a download option may not be required.

Alex

How do we get onto the e-mail list to tell us when the DVD will be ready for shipment?

I am already biting my nails to the bone waiting for this as I intend to rebuild my machine with Vista 64 bit and then load all the FTX software I have purchased.

Using the DVD will solve a lot of headaches.

I was really pleased when PC Pilot gave your software a write up which followed on from an e-mail to the editor.

You guys really deserve it!

Cheers, ;D

Archived