Broome Jetties

Ticker7

Hi Guys first I must say Well Done for a great product as usual :-) Now it may just be my system but I have a double Jetty one over the other and I don't think it's right somehow.hAy5.jpg

Also there are some trees in the water near the hovercraft but that's not a biggie, any ideas how to fix it and yes I've got the latest lib files and reinstalled ybrm twice but no change.

Hi Ticker7,

It looks like a doubleup of the dock, try disabling Orbx-Broome by unticking the FTXAA_YBRM entry in your scenery library and press OK (you can do this while FSX is running), if the dock is still there it must come from something else

Hi Tim, I tried your suggestion and it got rid of the double jetty,cars and a ship that was there and put the airport in a hole and mainly default scenery. I don't have any other addons for Australia except ORBX so I have no idea as to why it has got two docks.

Any other thoughts from anyone else bring 'em on as I would like to get this sorted.

G'day Ticker,

As well as updating the ORBXlibs to current version as you have done, have you also ensured that you have FTX AU updated to the current version SP 4.002? If not, the patch can be downloaded via this link - just ensure that you run the Broome installer again after installing the AU 4.002 SP, as YBRM contains some updated files not included in any patch.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad thanks for the suggestion re the SP4.002 Patch I did have it installed but I've redownloaded it and will re install it and YBRM tonight and see if it makes any difference to my double up on the jetty, Ill let you know my findings asap. ;-)

Hi :)

this is how it looks on my end, only plausible explanation is that you have another file there that depicts the Broome yetty, I'd advice to disable all other non FTX Addon sceneries + the Addon scenery folder as well and check again, if the problem persists, if not then you know you have another Broome scenery active.

ybrmA_021.jpg

Good luck

Hi Wolter thanks for the suggestions but after trying them I have to report still the same, I only have ORBX active and the anomaly is still there very strange. Do you think it could be a corrupt download ??

Hi Jarrad et al well sadly I have to report no change in the double up of jetties, I have tried no ORBX and I get the single jetty and crap scenery (default) I put just ORBX and I get all the ey candy on the jetty the cars and containers etc but two jetties. I have re downloaded the YBRM airport and re installed it along with a fresh copy of the libraries but I stll have two jetties, now it's not a major disister so I can live with it but if we can sort it that would be nice but don't loose sleep over my extra jetty.

Lets keep trying as and when you have time and I'll do the same my end and thanks for all the suggestions.

G'day Ticker,

So just to make sure I'm correct:

1. If you have YBRM and FTX AU both enabled, you get two jetties

2. If you have neither enabled you get no jetties

3. If you have only YBRM enabled you get one jetty (the more detailed version with shadow) 

4. If you have only FTX AU enabled, you get one jetty (the other version that sits a little lower in the water).

If this is indeed correct, then that would indicate that there is a placement bgl somewhere in your FTX AU folders causing this. Unfortunately I'm going to be away from my development computer for at least the next couple of weeks, but if you're happy to wait we can revisit this then and sort it out for you. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad in answer to your msg,

2. If you have neither enabled you get no jetties.  I just get the default scenery including the lower Jetty.

3. If you have only YBRM enabled you get one jetty (the more detailed version with shadow) : Nope I get TWO jetties.

4. If you have only FTX AU enabled, you get one jetty (the other version that sits a little lower in the water).  : Correct I get the default jetty.

When You get back we'll get this beaten Mate I know it's not a major problem but it's a problem that needs fixing at some point when you have time so I'll wait for you to return.

G'day again,

Can you go to your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU15_SCENERY\Scenery folder and see if there are any .bgl files that include the either Broome or YBRM in the name? If so can you let me know what the full name of the file is?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi there,

if you found that file in the ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU15_SCENERY\Scenery folder

rename that file ORBX_Broome_PLC.bgl to ORBX_Broome_PLC.OFF 

start fsX and have a look at the jetty at Broome

I'll bet my hat on it that the double jetty will be gone

now wondering how that file got there in the first place, as I've searched my system and I don't have that particular file anywhere, only thing I can think of is that it's a remnant of the FTX Freeware from many moons ago

Hi Wolter & Jarrad you can keep your hats this time ;-) my double jetty has become one which is as it was meant to be. The only thing now is it's not a landable object but I can live with that as I only get the odd medivac off the cruise ships in the dock :- As for it being a remnant from ages ago I know it's not as it's a clean install so it rules that one out Walter so do I get the Hat ??

a BIG Thank you  to ALL who have helped with this problem.

Archived