Sp4 Australia

temple187

I am sorry for the way i acted but I am extremely frustrated how when I downloaded ORBX Sp4 Australia, It came with bad graphics (no trees, default autogen) and everything was flattened to the ground. Worst of all, no airports. I can't seem to take screenshots and I have had no trouble with other Scenery. I would like someone to help me really badly.

I'm not sure if you saw on the supports page : no questions gone unanswered. My question is still unanswered even after 1 month! I am truly sorry but still I am wondering why you don't want to help me.

I really want someone to help me with this and so far all I've gotten is anger towards me.

If you have a system that is sufficiently unstable that you can not capture a screenshot using the V key press, then I suspect FSX needs reinstallation.

With regard to no-one helping you, no less than 4 ORBX team members responded to your other thread.

To each request for a sample screenshot, you stated that there was no point in posting such a picture, thus refuting the importance of our request. Only later did you explain your system was not sufficiently stable to capture screenshots.

If you truly have default scenery, with no added features, then we need to see what is wrong. ie FTX is not installed, or activated.

Please ensure that you have run the FTX Central program, selected Australia (Oceania if you have NZ installed also), and pressed Apply.

Understand that team members spent thousands of man-hours working on FSX terrain. We know default and FTX scenery backwards, and no disrespect intended, better than you possibly could.

We need a screen grab, by whatever means (Vkey, FRAPs, Ctrl-Prtscrn) or we are just guessing.

Posted Image

this is from somewhere in the outback, notice how some places are textured and some places aren't

Posted Image

This is a map of Australia, notice how there is only a patch of updated scenery where the aircraft is, is that normal?

Posted Image

This is from somewhere in the NT.

need any more screenshots

Thanks for those screen shots. From the looks of it, it does look like FTX is installed and active, but we need to verify some more things.

The first shot is showing dry lake beds I believe. Change the seasons and what do you see?

The second shot is normal, so don't worry about that.

The last shot shows no autogen from what I can tell. What level of autogen have you set in FSX?

Can you give us the specs of your system (also what OS you're using) as the graphics does look below par.

I have changed to every different season and it is the same, hasn't changed one bit.

my autogen is on dense but the 3rd picture isn't really meant to have autogen, but here is 2 pictures that is meant to have autogen

I think I fixed the problem about no Autogen but the it is quite bad quality. (is that just my computer?)

sydney

Posted Image

melbourne

Posted Image

My specs Are:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620

Graphics Card: ATI raedon HD 4350

Not sure if you need anything else.

Hi temple,

the other FSX settings: LOD radius, texture resolution, etc would be helpful.

Note also (first shot is on 2x speed) .. best to screenshot at 1x speed to avoid blurriness of textures due to lag. The distant textures look blurry in shot 1, but I am not sure if that is the speed acceleration or a low LOD radius.

Not being familiar with your Gfx card, I took a look here..

http://www.pcauthori...get-prices.aspx

It looks fairly basic, in 2009. My guess is that you will need to moderate some settings to get acceptable framerates. In particular water settings (Try Low 2.x) and autogen (dense). The guide that came with FTX has some pointers.

You will note there are some high-end computers on the forum here, in pursuit of seeing everything at full tilt, and high resolution. More modest systems need to make some compromises.

FSX doesn;t bring powerful computers to their knees so much now, but it does tax them.

Hi temple,

It indeed looks like FTX is installed, as those are not default FSX textures, or autogen.

The major differences I see probably relate to the graphics settings and FSX autogen and LOD radius. These may well be limited by what your system can do, so you will have to pick and choose what is important to you.

The referrence shot I posted above is with most things on maximum (LOD radius set via the sliders only, no tweaks). The only setting below maximum is the water setting. The cloud / sky textures are REX.

As previously noted, airports are very detailed separate downloads. Unlike the Europe and North America terrain products , there are no Airport enhancements in the Au regions. I appreciate this seems hard to understand, but historically the regions did not ever have altered airports, and the included ones in the NA and EU products really were there as a bonus.

Have you installed the free Holger-mesh product download also?

I can't really go that high graphics due to my graphics card being not that good and the picture i took was when everything was at max settings, the thing is it was extremely laggy so i usually keep everything on medium high settings.

I am now fully aware of the airports and I think i might purchase some when I upgrade my computer.

I haven't installed the mesh product. what does it do?

My specs Are:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620

Graphics Card: ATI raedon HD 4350

can't comment on ATI based cards as I've never used 'm, best bet would be a nVidia 680 card but partially also depends on CPU speed, amount of installed RAM, it's a sum of parts and as you didn't elaborate on that it's pretty much a guess

No, I think we have an idea. The Athlon X4 was a reasonable processor in its time, but a little dated now.

I guess the temptation is to throw money at hardware to improve your experience, but you need to be clear as to what it is you want to solve.

By today's standards my specs are 'ok', and I can run regions with almost everything turned on. Most airports perform admirably.

A more powerful computer will be able to run FSX at higher settings, and with better graphics settings (anti-aliasing in particular), with better framerates, and you can push (tweak) settings higher than I have (texture resolution, LOD radius) .. but only a little further.

If you are trying to get a screenshot a little more like the one I posted, then hardware will do that, but It won't alter the core of what the scenery is.

In terms of usability, it might be worth buying your intended airport first to get an idea of what level of improvement you need (A large airport such as YBBN or YMML will test any system, for example)

For my money, I would grab all the free stuff on the FTX website, and OZx and Ants and then explore. Play with higher settings, and once you have a clear idea of what performance you want for the scenery you use, you can scheme about the new computer.

Unless of course you have loads of money and an unlimited budget, in which case you should buy the biggest fastest computer you can. ;)

I think i have an Idea of what I should do, first i think I will buy a better graphics card, but not due to fsx, but because i have a few other games that need a better one, and hopefully it will make it look better, I will definitely purchase some airports because of the high quality of the airports.

ok thank you so much for helping me by the way, I really appreciate you helping me even though i was being a bit uncooperative :smile:

Archived