Wrangell airport... sunken runways/taxiways

PFS

Paul, did you put the two Tongass Fjords entries below the block of ORBX entries? See page 6 of the SAK manual. B.T.W do you have Tongass Fjords? Your screenshot looks different than my screenshot.Look at the buildings on the side. Is this really PAWG?

Peter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi guys,

it doesn't look like PFS is using Tongass Fjords X but rather default FSX in the Wrangell area. In any case there's a conflict between the airport elevation data and the airport facilities files, probably due to a third-party add-on for PAWG. I'd suggest running a Windows search of the entire FSX folder for any .bgl file with "PAWG" as part of its name and thus trying to find and disentangle the add-ons involved. Airport elevation files are usually in \Scenery\World\scenery and airport facility/scenery files either in \Addon Scenery\scenery or in dedicated add-on folders.

Cheers, Holger

Ya mean like this? ;):D

Posted Image

Holger was right... Tongass Fjords wasn't installed.

I had to build a new computer a couple months ago, and re-do all my FSX stuff. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about Tongass Fjords.(oops!) I searched and found the application on a separate hard drive, installed it, and... voila! :)

A couple nights ago I had been flying up the west coast and into Alaska. It was getting late, so I decided to land... which I did, at Wrangell Airport... and that's when I noticed the crazy landscaping by hungover Seabees. ;)

Thank you guys for helping me realize my blunder/omission with regards to Tongass Fjords. :)

-Paul

Archived