Ground textures Cairns

Tassie

Just added Gold to my sim, fantastic program. One small problem, I installed it into FSX and all looked fantastic but when I restarted it to show my wife ( we recently did an actual chopper flight from the marina ) a lot of the ground textures are no longer green but brown. I have checked the settings as per install instructions but it is still the same.

What have I done wrong?

John, I tried changing the season settings but it made no difference, winter, summer or spring.

When you take off from Cairns and turn right large sections of the ground look like sand. Fly to the Marina and the same thing there, particularly on the opposite side of

the bay. It was not like this when I first installed it, and is not like this in real life. All I did was close FSX down then restart it about 20 minutes later.

Any other suggestions?

No John -my Cairns is fine after loading the hotfix.

However, and forgive me if this has been reported elsewhere, I'm now seeing traffic supposedly running along the Highway to the East of the airport ploughing through the countryside and crossing the river to the east of the road

jaje

Yes, that's the problem. I have checked the Scenery Library and all boxes are ticked. I have tried to insert a screenshot but as I am new to this it did not come out. The sat photo is what I see when flying around Cairns

Dont know if anyone else will come across this, but same thing happened to me as the first post, came up fine first time then second time looked like the screenie, all I had to do to fix it was turn ftx off and on again with the switcher and it fixed it for me, not sure if this will work for everyone but it fixed my issue.

Archived