3930k @4.8 Ghz + TITAN all maxed up!

Aeroflux

Great detail at fluent FPS with this processor. I also have it in my new PC but runs at regular 3.2Ghz! How did you overclock your chipset? My MB is Asus P9X79 Deluxe. What is 'TITAN' ? Thank you for advise.

A great view here!

Like it very much!

Great detail at fluent FPS with this processor. I also have it in my new PC but runs at regular 3.2Ghz! How did you overclock your chipset? My MB is Asus P9X79 Deluxe. What is 'TITAN' ? Thank you for advise.

Hello Ikbenik!

If i am not mistaken, "TITAN" is the latest Nvidia Card.

Cheers, Christoph

I can tell you first hand that the Nvidia Titan makes a nice difference, particularly with BufferPools, Poolsize=0. I have agonised over spending the ridiculous price but anything that improves performance in FTX is worth it! I will set the Antialiasing in Nvidia inspector to sparse grid supersampling and will post more pics. I wish my CPU can go higher though! I do get crashes at 5Ghz at the moment, nice stable and cool with my H100 at 4.8.

Make sure you have good cooling , i would reccommend the Corsair H100 but change the fans for something more quiet ...i use some bequiet fans! I am on a Sabertooth mobo ...CPU strap @125, BCLK =123.750 MHz, VCCSA = 1.20v, Vcore 1.345v, CPU PLL =1.92v

Nice shot. Quite a few now saying the Titan gives you a marginal gain over the 680. I've had SLI 680's now for 12 months and very happy with them. Would be nice to have on a single card like the Titan though. If Haswell is worth it I may chuck one together with a Titan.

Let us know how you find the card. What did you upgrade from?

Nice shot. Quite a few now saying the Titan gives you a marginal gain over the 680. I've had SLI 680's now for 12 months and very happy with them. Would be nice to have on a single card like the Titan though. If Haswell is worth it I may chuck one together with a Titan.

Let us know how you find the card. What did you upgrade from?

Bit more than marginal i think but not amazing! Less stutter for me and better frames. I have upgraded from a Gainward 680 GTX 2GB card!...60fps all maxed!!!

Posted Image

Make sure you have good cooling , i would reccommend the Corsair H100 but change the fans for something more quiet ...i use some bequiet fans! I am on a Sabertooth mobo ...CPU strap @125, BCLK =123.750 MHz, VCCSA = 1.20v, Vcore 1.345v, CPU PLL =1.92v

I have Corsar H80 Installed with also other fans for quiter operation. Till now I'm satisfied with nVidia GTX680 - 2GB and no stutters sofar(FPS doesn't go lower than 20 frames, so hardly visible for human eye). I prefer not to overclock my current good enough performing system.

I have Corsar H80 Installed with also other fans for quiter operation. Till now I'm satisfied with nVidia GTX680 - 2GB and no stutters sofar(FPS doesn't go lower than 20 frames, so hardly visible for human eye). I prefer not to overclock my current good enough performing system.

Up to you, but flying at 20fps is very different then at 60 or so!

• 1 month later...

Hey Aero, nice pics, i was curious about your cfg file, stock or tweaked? I picked up the 3970x and the Titan recently myself...just finished stable OC to 4.9 and getting on to reinstalling FSX , bit excited to see the results of my depleted wallet. Any other notes on your setup I would be interested.

Thanks in advance.

Archived