Windows 78

Skyroamer

Just received my new rig in the mail (I love it when the little brown truck pulls onto my driveway!). Unfortunately, it comes standard with Windows 8 (no way around that), but I think I worked it out: I added a second SATA drive, unplugged the original, installed my retail copy of Windows 7 on the second drive, reconnected the original one, and voila, I now have a perfectly hybrid rig, with choice of OS upon boot menu!

I am thinking at least for now, I wont be using Windows 8 much. Anyone using it with FSX and Orbx? Havent seen many current topics on this, except for the miriad that floated around a few weeks ago.

Either way, cant wait to install the SIM and see if my new specs help a little ;D (my previous rig was a Duo Core 2.3 GHz machine).

Have fun with your new rig skyroamer! I have bought a new processor recently similar to yours an i73770k (The k version can be easily overclocked, i do not now if you can overclock yours, if you ever wish to do that). You will see an overall huge difference in performance!

Cheers,

Mike

i do not now if you can overclock yours, if you ever wish to do that).

I looked into it at some point and it would appear that in my configuration the motherboard wont let me overclock! I really hope the 3.4gHz will suffice! :)

I looked into it at some point and it would appear that in my configuration the motherboard wont let me overclock! I really hope the 3.4gHz will suffice! :)

I had the same issue in the past with an i72600 which i could not overclocked, so i change it to a new k version! Now , an i7 -3770 3.4ghz with a turbo boost up to 3.9 it is suffient, do not worry about it. If you go above 4.6 to 5.0g as far as i read from other members there is a big difference . Mine is up tp 4.3ghz but i haven't seen any huge difference!

Enjoy your new Rig which is pretty good! ::)

Obviously you have failed to have a good look at Windows 8. I upgraded from W7 to W8 and I love it. Yes the default W8 desktop is daunting as it was mainly designed for touch screens. But if you look in the bottom left corner of the default screen you will see a 'button' there that when you click it it takes you to what used to be a default Windows desktop. I am using that with all the icons to programmes I regularly use as well as a task bar at the bottom where I have buttons for P3D, FTX Central P3D, PlanG, Active Sky, TrackIR and FSC as well as links to other programmes I use. Both FSX and P3D run with W8. Probably run even better that they did with W7.

Archived