Birds in flight

Capnsully

I got out today to take a few real life pics, thought they were worth sharing. I took them with my trusty Canon F2.8 200mm lens, but had to do some heavy cropping for the first one as it was still too far away. I'm blown away at how much detail today's SLRs can keep! Second one, look at him, smug bugger, 'look what I grabbed!'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fantastic captures Simmo , that 2nd shot is amazing . I just purchased our first SLR just last week ( Nikon D3100 ) . Quite a learning curve for me but I am making progress .

Take care

John

Until the weather improves just taking shots of grandchildren , but hope to get out soon and take some shots out at KSFF and KGEG . I enjoy other than the flightsim , severe weather and

plane spotting .

Cheers

John

Those are really quite fantastic shots, the detail is absolutely amazing.

I purchased a Nikon P510 last week and have been pretty impressed with it, especially the quality of the 720p &1080p video it shoots in low light conditions. It's not a DSLR but rather a hybrid, a cross between a standard digital camera and a DSLR. I figured I would buy the Nikon P510 because I'm really quite new to "advanced" photography and the P510 would be a good transition for when I buy a full Nikon DSLR in 18 months or so. The Nikon P510 was half price, 199$, which was mainly why I purchased it.

Archived