my FS - a total misc(ellaneous) - WARNING - 15 shots

sightseer

This is P3D with my latest sky design attempt. I've found REX cumulus set 33 which I can work with. Its one of the first REX cumulus sets that I like.

I see others saying they use REX but then the they also need shade and SweetFx and ENB and whatever else...

I think a flightsim should look good without the need for 3rd party lighting tweaks. Have you seen the sun and sky in Test Drive Ferrari? Ive seen videos of games like Battlefield Earth 3 and I just wish P3D/FSX would look that good from the start.

This is the about the best I can do with default. I think it looks pretty good. YMMV.

so...pics...a random assortment... a 'total misc' if you will...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful clouds and REX settings. What day sky theme is this?

Thanks. These are my own skies. I just tried to upload a few textures so that anyone can expand them out to fill an entire day if they wanted to but I cant seem to be able to do that. The files are too small I guess. Im not ready to put anything else at Oz. Ive already put some stuff and these are just variations of what I put at Oz (sightseer skies 2012 part1).

Ive seen other people here sharing skies they created but for some reason, Im not allowed to do that. Theres no way for me to upload sky textures or zip files or anything that I can see. I wish there were a way cause I often create new versions of things and itd be nice to just upload real quick in case anybody wanted to try it for a few days or whatever.

Thanks. These are my own skies. I just tried to upload a few textures so that anyone can expand them out to fill an entire day if they wanted to but I cant seem to be able to do that. The files are too small I guess. Im not ready to put anything else at Oz. Ive already put some stuff and these are just variations of what I put at Oz (sightseer skies 2012 part1).

Ive seen other people here sharing skies they created but for some reason, Im not allowed to do that. Theres no way for me to upload sky textures or zip files or anything that I can see. I wish there were a way cause I often create new versions of things and itd be nice to just upload real quick in case anybody wanted to try it for a few days or whatever.

No problem buddy, and it definitely looks awesome. I just thought you used REX and selected a specific day theme like "True Blue" or "Reality" for example, but if you know how to design your own day themes than that's awesome. Take it easy and keep em coming :)

Great shots and a beautiful sky here!

And let's see what the next gen. of flightsims will be holding for us in regards to new shadowing and lighting systems and other advanced and up-to-date features!

But for now:

Looking all very good here Dave

Looks great to me. Nice shots and an interesting experiment. I have removed sweetfx and enb although I find rex andshade to be a must personally. I'm sure p3d 2.0 will bring the GPU into play and 3d cloud rendering could be far enhanced.

[...]I'm sure p3d 2.0 will bring the GPU into play and 3d cloud rendering could be far enhanced[...]

+1 :)

Thanks Dave - you have REX looking really good, those clouds are awesome

Thanks Graeme. I only wish I knew how to always get the clouds to look good. FSX/P3D both throw weird colors into the clouds that aren't coming from the sky textures. I dont know

where they come from. Maybe its a built in d3d pallete that I cant find. Although reddish brown clouds do exist in nature, Ive only seen them as very low level clouds and only when it rains.

FSX/P3d will make them huge sometimes. I was in Auckland the other day and it looked like there was a tornado or something. very odd coloring. I used to see it with default skies and my skies do it too. Perhaps REX solved that?

Archived