Grand Tetons Textures

Chunk

I have tried everything I can think off, including zooming in and out, but I can't get the textures in the Tetons to be any sharper than this...

BTW, I have my LOD setting at 6.5. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did for comparative reasons a lil test flight under different circumstances at my end also in the last few screens included the data + fps counter

to avoid arguments find my settings as well and for my system specs see my sig

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Test Settings, all sliders maxxed with following exceptions:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

Mesh res.: 5m

Texture res.: 7cm

Water High 2.x

AI 100%

GA Traffic 100%

Road Vehicles 16%

Ships 30%

Graphics set via nVidia Inspector 1.9.6.9

FPS 40 limited in fsX

BP=0

nVidia 313.96 beta drivers

REX Essentials+OD

tweaked Shade

tweaked enb

FTX Lights set to Night

Real Weather

personally I don't think it looks as bad as you two are stating, sure there is always room for improvement, but if you want this covered to the square inch then you'll need another SSD or two to save the image for it ;)

Hi there,

Bumping your terrain LOD as much as you can will definitely help, however the pitfall with this is that the refresh rate for a ground PR decreases slightly, the higher you go. Ie you may get a lovely picture when you first load the sim up, however as you start moving you will notice the "blurries" become far more prominent. In addition, you will find that the texture definition isn't as sharp in HW/WI due to the high white levels (snow) in the texture - perhaps try flying in summer, when the mountains have a bit more vegetation and bare rock visible.

I have mode some further comments on this when this issue was raised before, head over to this topic for some more ideas.

Lastly, as Wolter mentions, the slightly lower resolution of the Teton PR (1m, versus 60cm for most other ORBX airport products) is a compromise made by necessity - any higher resolution would have been both cost prohibitive (imagery purchase costs) and impractical to download (60cm would equate to a ~18GB download!).

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks Wolter and Jarrad. I don't remember it being this blurry in the summertime, so maybe it's just the snow that does it. I was looking at this thread from EricC, and his mountains were crystal clear, hence my question here.

Hey Chunk, sorry to hear about your troubles. I think my post of shots was in the summer right before dusk times which gives the scenery more contrast and darkness with the fsx time of day. Also, I was practically mountain hugging and as close to the Tetons as I could get to get that detail with EZCA. Another idea if you have Shade, is to try out the default setting and see if that helps with the sharpness for you. Good luck and let me know if that helps.

I just retested using the zoom level with CTRL +/- and that made it clearer. It also distorted the heck out of my view. 8) So I'll just leave it as it is, and deal with it. It's not bad, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did on my end. Thanks again, KJAC is my favorite place to fly out of, and my favorite area to fly in.

Hi Eric, your post came in as I was typing mine. Like I said above, I think I figured out what the deal is. Thanks for help though, and keep the gorgeous screens coming!

I just retested using the zoom level with CTRL +/- and that made it clearer. It also distorted the heck out of my view. 8) So I'll just leave it as it is, and deal with it. It's not bad, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did on my end. Thanks again, KJAC is my favorite place to fly out of, and my favorite area to fly in.

Hi Eric, your post came in as I was typing mine. Like I said above, I think I figured out what the deal is. Thanks for help though, and keep the gorgeous screens coming!

Thanks Chunk, you know I'm good for a set or two, haha :D Glad to hear you worked it out, take it easy and enjoy the scenery!

Archived